Anticomputer chess live and kicking

Anticomputer chess live and kicking

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LT

Moves
24 Nov 17
1 edit

Anticomputer chess is live and kicking:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PN5QT8/ref=sr_1_8s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511501584&sr=1-8

Some would argue the top engines are unbeatable at the moment, but,
if you analyse the games in the 3 parts of the book, you will realise this is not so.

Perfect chess is still 2000 elos away, so a lot more to discover, a lot more to learn and a lot more to investigate.
All the most beautiful chess combinations, all the deepst lines and all the
most sophisticated chess knowledge patterns are still ahead of us.

I am certain, in 20 years' time, humans will still be able to beat the top engines.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
24 Nov 17

Originally posted by @lyudmil-tsvetkov

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PN5QT8/ref=sr_1_8s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511501584&sr=1-8

if you analyse the games in the 3 parts of the book, you will realise this is not so.

Perfect chess is still 2000 elos away, so a lot more to disco ...[text shortened]... ad of us.

I am certain, in 20 years' time, humans will still be able to beat the top engines.
Hi,

so you could have told us that you are the author.

Since there are some Players ion the site who have been suspected of engine use, you could challenge them and see if they fall with ant-Computer chess.

LT

Moves
24 Nov 17

Originally posted by @ponderable
Hi,

so you could have told us that you are the author.

Since there are some Players ion the site who have been suspected of engine use, you could challenge them and see if they fall with ant-Computer chess.
Hello, Ponderable,
thanks for your greeting message.

That is a good idea indeed, though I will have to split my time
between different forums and challenges. 🙂

When playing against top engines, I usually allow myself twice the time of
the engine, to ensure more or less equal playing conditions, but most of my
games are usually blitz ones.

I know many people don't believe me, but they will, in due course of time...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Nov 17

Perfect chess is still 2000 elos away, so a lot more to disco ...[text shortened]... ad of us.

Do you have a FIDE rating? I only have USCF, not very good though, about 1750. Are you planning to play games here or are you here to sell your book?

I wonder if, as you say, in 20 years humans will be beating engines, if the same will happen for Go, now top players losing to the neural network comps.

The problem with your assessment is in 20 years computers available to the public will be about 1000 times stronger than they are now, probably spintronics or some variation which means comps will play even higher level, maybe 4000 FIDE level, as of now they clock in around 3500 FIDE.

In general, what do you do to to defeat comps like Stockfish?

My guess is, lets assume you win a 6 game match by 6-0, I'm sure the Stockfish team will notice and work over the software to make it stronger yet against whatever you throw at it. Bottom line of that is you might win for a few months but they will use that bit to make stockfish immune to your tricks🙂

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
24 Nov 17

I hope you are correct, but I'm not sure.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
24 Nov 17

I hope you are correct, but I'm not sure.

mlb62

Moves
25 Nov 17

uhh remember Kasparov and deep Blue ??

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17

Anyone going to tell me how I am able to post on this thread?

My messages are automatically rejected as spam.
Dear mods, why do you approve a person's account, allow posting of a thread, only not to allow replies?

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17

Just checking what works and what not.
All my messages are rejected as spam, fun.

When, in actual fatc, my games and chess knowledge are far superior to that Of Kasparov.
What a pity...

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17

@Sonhouse

Hi Sonhouse, for the most part, Stockfish evaluation is based on my ideas,
completely original and new chess knowledge ideas, at least the more advanced part of the eval.
Similarly, other top engines are influenced by my ideas too.
You can just search for my name and you will find a lot of things relating to computer chess.

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17

@Sonhouse(the forum does not allow me posting longer messages, so I will try splitting my posts, sorry for the confusion, it is not me to blame)

I am a Bulgarian candidate master, my rating 12 years ago, when I played my last competitive game, used to be over 2200, my Fide rating is over 2100, again dating 12 years back.

In the last 5 years I left my job as career diplomat, to fully concentrate on chess/chess analysis, and I have been doing chess 16/7 since then. 'The Secret of Chess', my primary work, is the fruit born by these constant efforts. You never find deeper and more comprehensive chess guide than that, and half of the featured chess terms are fully original and new, with many of them having successfully passed Stockfish Framework tests and been incorporated into Stockfish.

LT

Moves
25 Nov 17