Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Otherwise, you're just a con artist.
    Not to mention a spammer.
  2. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '17 23:35
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem

If you wish to publish books with no credentials, purely for the love of creativity, then don't charge money for them. Let them stand solidly on merit, such as it is.

Otherwise, you're just a con artist.
    @bigdoggproblem
    Sorry I have to dissagree with this. Currently watching the Harry Potter film, and JK Rowling published books and charged for them with no 'credentials'. If I wrote a book on chess (maybe "my chess analysis of my favorite games", or "where I go wrong - improve your games"😉. Then charged a couple quid for it, then it's up to the buyer if they want to read it or not after reading a chapter or two. I say I'm a solid club player but nothing more. However, someone may still enjoy a book I write - I still believe in open source/books equivilent.

I found
    https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Lyudmil+Tsvetkov
    and seems like he has been studying chess computing for a long time.

However @lyudmil-tsvetkov I feel is slightly BS about beating a chess engine (I presume on full strength!?!). However, I feel after reading reviews etc that you have a different insight. Unfortunately a lot of negative reviews and I find it refreshing to read a different view of chess.

I'd be interested in reading this book, Maybe I'll update after I've read it. However, considering I have £0 at the moment I'll hang off until Feb or later.
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '17 23:51
    Sorry I can't see how h4 is 'just winning'? How is this? Can you explain it?
  4. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 07:421 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 07:46

6. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 07:52

7. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 07:53

8. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 08:03
    Sorry, the software deletes ALL my posts, quoting inappropriate content, so I simply can not reply any more.
    When this is fixed, I will be back.
  9. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 08:04
    Just trying if it works now.
  10. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 08:05

11. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 08:06

12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:26
    Originally posted by @boardreader
    @bigdoggproblem
    Sorry I have to dissagree with this. Currently watching the Harry Potter film, and JK Rowling published books and charged for them with no 'credentials'. If I wrote a book on chess (maybe "my chess analysis of my favorite games", or "where I go wrong - improve your games"😉. Then charged a couple quid for it, then it's up to the buyer if ...[text shortened]... ter I've read it. However, considering I have £0 at the moment I'll hang off until Feb or later.
    Rowling's books aren't instructional works, as LT purports to make. Rowling got credentials quickly after her first few books, while this guy only gets middling reviews on obscure sites.

Waste your money on them if you'd like, but don't say you weren't warned.
  13. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:57
    @bigdoggproblem, do you understand why h4 is the 'winning move'? I've tried playing it out (using Komodo) and yet don't get anything more than an equal game.

Someone who was logged in Fritz with Houdini, found the "h4" move, but there a couple of moves which seems to suggest it's an equal position. Such as Bc2
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 22:46
    Originally posted by @boardreader
    @bigdoggproblem, do you understand why h4 is the 'winning move'? I've tried playing it out (using Komodo) and yet don't get anything more than an equal game.

Someone who was logged in Fritz with Houdini, found the "h4" move, but there a couple of moves which seems to suggest it's an equal position. Such as Bc2
    I think it's premature to say white's winning.
  15. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 10:02
    One more review has appeared, by IM Gerard Welling from the Netherlands:
    https://www.chess.com/blog/Swordfish55/review-the-secret-of-chess
    Overall. largely positive, he gave the book 4 stars on Amazon.
    So that, many strong titled players seem to be in agreement.
    I would have answered any questions here, BUT, last time I tried, I was not allowed to post, and I REALLY would not like to post on a forum, where they restrict posting freedom.
    So that, next time I log, if I can post freely, I will answer everybody.
    Have a good day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree