Just trying if it works now.
  2. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:26
    Originally posted by @boardreader
    @bigdoggproblem
    Sorry I have to dissagree with this. Currently watching the Harry Potter film, and JK Rowling published books and charged for them with no 'credentials'. If I wrote a book on chess (maybe "my chess analysis of my favorite games", or "where I go wrong - improve your games"😉. Then charged a couple quid for it, then it's up to the buyer if ...[text shortened]... ter I've read it. However, considering I have £0 at the moment I'll hang off until Feb or later.
    Rowling's books aren't instructional works, as LT purports to make. Rowling got credentials quickly after her first few books, while this guy only gets middling reviews on obscure sites.

Waste your money on them if you'd like, but don't say you weren't warned.
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:57
    @bigdoggproblem, do you understand why h4 is the 'winning move'? I've tried playing it out (using Komodo) and yet don't get anything more than an equal game.

Someone who was logged in Fritz with Houdini, found the "h4" move, but there a couple of moves which seems to suggest it's an equal position. Such as Bc2
  4. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 22:46
    Originally posted by @boardreader
    @bigdoggproblem, do you understand why h4 is the 'winning move'? I've tried playing it out (using Komodo) and yet don't get anything more than an equal game.

Someone who was logged in Fritz with Houdini, found the "h4" move, but there a couple of moves which seems to suggest it's an equal position. Such as Bc2
    I think it's premature to say white's winning.
  5. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 10:02
    One more review has appeared, by IM Gerard Welling from the Netherlands:
    https://www.chess.com/blog/Swordfish55/review-the-secret-of-chess
    Overall. largely positive, he gave the book 4 stars on Amazon.
    So that, many strong titled players seem to be in agreement.
    I would have answered any questions here, BUT, last time I tried, I was not allowed to post, and I REALLY would not like to post on a forum, where they restrict posting freedom.
    So that, next time I log, if I can post freely, I will answer everybody.
    Have a good day.
  6. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 18:36
    One more review is available, by IM Herman Grooten of the Netherlands:
    http://www.secretofchess.com/files/17772/ckfinder/images/Review%20on%20The%20Secret%20of%20Chess.pdf

So far, we have 4, and, although not all are ecstatic, all are largely positive.
    Maybe the bigger number of reviews can help you make up your mind better.

I would be very happy for anyone considering the book on Amazon, when it is in a slump.
  7. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 09:23
    Sorry, an error occurred. Please report this problem.