Anybody Here Going To The W.C. Match?

Anybody Here Going To The W.C. Match?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
31 Oct 16
2 edits

Hi,

The plan being you can be our man (or men...or women) on the inside.

Hopefully I will do a quick blog on every game with our own pictures and background info.

Moves
31 Oct 16

I am going to the WC match on one or two days greenpawn as I live in the area. Would be chuffed to take pictures or something for a blogging project. I might write something about a few games of the match myself, or the WC in history but could pass along whatever pictures I am allowed to take

e4

Moves
31 Oct 16

Hi HikaruShindo.

Excellent!! We can do a joint Blog, I'll PM you.

e4

Moves
31 Oct 16

Heelo again,

HikaruShindo cannot be there everyday, anybody else going?

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
31 Oct 16

I will be there in spirit.

e4

Moves
31 Oct 16

Hi Paul,

Cheeer up mate, With good behaviour you will out in time for the 2026 Final.
That will probably be between two Chinese players (very possibly girls).

Moves
31 Oct 16

I'll photoshop others' photos and invent story as I was on the site. Postmodernistic, mockummentary in the form of feuilleton for imaginary Serbian daily.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Nov 16
5 edits

Originally posted by vandervelde
I'll photoshop others' photos and invent story as I was on the site. Postmodernistic, mockummentary in the form of feuilleton for imaginary Serbian daily.
A mock puff piece then. Good luck, maybe you will win the pullet suprise, you know, the castrated chicken award.

So two important events for the US. The presidency will be decided and the REAL story, Carlsen V Karjakin.

I noticed there is a Sergei Karjakin rated 2189 and he actually beat Nigel Short! One letter away from a GM.

Moves
08 Nov 16

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Heelo again,

HikaruShindo cannot be there everyday, anybody else going?
I will be attending the 1st game this Friday.

d

New Jersey

Moves
11 Nov 16

Well the big day is here. I work 5 blocks away, will walk over at lunch and see what's happening.

Moves
11 Nov 16
1 edit

http://imgur.com/a/pHPfe

picture is on above link

Okay, so I was on the spot.
Without acreditives it was tricky to get in. I had to pretend I am on of the FIDE officials, less known, some delegate from Phillippines. You can see me on the picture.

In game 1, Carlsen had white pieces. As usual he rubbed his left ankle all the time and had despise on his his face. Karjakin, however, kept his head down as if he was looking for a 5/cent or a contact lense.
Playees had different chairs. Karjakin a fixed one, all wooden, little squekky I must say, Stalin-like, spartan kind, as if he feel he thinks better if his behind hurts.
Carlsen's chair resembled Fichers from seventies, rotaing and with cracking sounds, like he chair was stuffed with green dollars.
Air condition was too loud, I think, and I could notice presence of bald people, obivous agents sent from Putin. They didn't move their eyes from Carlsen, and he felt uncomfortable with that.
I assume he is going to file an official complain tomorrow.
Game itself was however boring, a warming draw.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
11 Nov 16

Imo chess24.com is doing best at relaying moves after a rocky start.