1. Standard memberWibble Wobble
    Action barbie
    Ka-koogy
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 17:11
    I was playing in a 25 min / game tourny today. I realised I was finding it hard to think so fast. Also I chucked a piece by actually putting it beside his queen UNDEFENDED! I was thinking it might be something to do with the fact having 160+ games waiting every time you come on RHP is part of the problem.

To get rid of 160 odd games I just think in a few games and blitz out the rest. This leads to loosing lots more games, and I dont like spending and hour on RHP making moves!

Should I cut my games to 40ish and think more, or does it having nothing to do with my OTB play?
  2. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 17:21
    i really dont think there is a connection.
  3. Somewhere out there!
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 17:39
    about the first part of your post:
    if you have trouble playing a 25 min game go to a blitz site and play about 10 games with 15 mins tops. It will probably help you to get used to the speed a bit.

About the 160 games you have:
    I would suggest trading in quantity for quality.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 17:50
    Originally posted by Testrider
    About the 160 games you have:
    Is that what's called serendipity?

Clan 24395

A few years ago I played chess as a C player with a few other C players. Two of these gentlemen gave up blitz. One reached master last year, the other expert. I, on the other hand, finally reached the B class. This year, I've finally resolved to limit my blitz games to five per day.
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 21:02
    Originally posted by Wibble Wobble
    I was playing in a 25 min / game tourny today. I realised I was finding it hard to think so fast. Also I chucked a piece by actually [b]putting it beside his queen UNDEFENDED! I was thinking it might be something to do with the fact having 160+ games waiting every time you come on RHP is part of the problem.

To get rid of 160 odd games I just th ...[text shortened]... Should I cut my games to 40ish and think more, or does it having nothing to do with my OTB play?[/b]
    It has everything to do with OTB.

Used to play on yahoo, 2000+ blitz games. Joined a chess club 2 years ago, played some 30 min games and thought they were to slow.
    4 months after I started playign the real tournament games with G/120min and thought 30 min games were to fast.
    Started playing CC and now think 120 min games are to fast. I usually have around 15 min on my clock at the end of my games.

What I do is blitz out the opening moves if I know them, spend around 10 min on the rest of the moves, In the endgame, usually 3 minutes per move is good.

Works for me, but playing 100+ games can't be good for you. I don't understand what people get out of playing that many games at the same time besides the rush.
  6. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 16:09
    ![/b] I was thinking it might be something to do with the fact having 160+ games waiting every time you come on RHP is part of the problem.

To get rid of 160 odd games I just think in a few games and blitz out the rest. This leads to loosing lots more games, and I dont like spending and hour on RHP making moves!

Should I cut my games to 40ish and think more, or does it having nothing to do with my OTB play?[/b]
    As a newcomer, the prospect of having to face 40 games let alone 160 would phase me out. I find that three or four games is enough for me at the moment, and I am sure I can concentrate better. Still a helluva lot to learn, but reading these forums does help.
  7. Joined
    17 Dec '02
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 18:441 edit
    Originally posted by Testrider

Couldn't agree more.

Study more and play less...at least less than 160 games! Drop that number by a lot. I only play 6 or 7 at a time. I study and analyze too much to play more. Drop your active games dramatically, and spend the time you'd normally use playing 160 games to read a tactics or endgame book instead.
  8. Big D
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 19:04
    Obviously, you're not spending enough time on chess. Your thinking is muddled because you have too many other outside distractions. When you get your priorities right, then you will become a stronger player.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree