1. USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 22:031 edit
    It's funny because this has happened so many times. I pick up piece, and as soon as I move it and set it down, and I mean the instant I set it down, I realize I made a mistake.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
  2. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 22:15
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    It's funny because this has happened so many times. I pick up piece, and as soon as I move it and set it down, and I mean the instant I set it down, I realize I made a mistake.

Yes. If there was some way to quickly unclick the "submit move" button I would have avoided a few blunders.
  3. USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 22:16
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    Yes. If there was some way to quickly unclick the "submit move" button I would have avoided a few blunders.
    Same here. Just made one not 10 minutes ago. Same thing occurs in OTB games also.
  4. Argentina
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 23:00
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    Press the escape key as soon as possible. It doesn't guarantee you'll be succesful to cancel the move you submited. You must be quick and very very lucky 🙂
  5. Joined
    04 Mar '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 23:11
    The worst ones are when you say to yourelf "I cant do that move because itll just get taken"

Then you rack your brains for another 10 minutes and then suddly come up with this great move only to realise too late that its the one you initially knew was bad from the start.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 23:12
    Unplug your internet connection really quick or hit the stop button on top. Hit back on the webpage.

You gotta try everything!
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 23:21
    step 1 "have a shocked face"
    step 2 hit the esc key, stop button, back button and everything else you can think of
    step 3 cry because you failed
  8. Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 23:381 edit
    Game 2218851

On the last move I had mate, but I did not realize it until an hour later when I was looking back at the board. I was very disappointed that I did not see the move (43. ... Rc2 mate) 🙁
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 01:20
    it just happened to me in one of my games, I moved my bishop, then realized that it was better placed on another square right after 🙁

maybe i'll post the game once it's finished
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 01:57
    Originally posted by chesskid001

Use the game history or analisis board to look at your move. 😕
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 03:39
    Game 2320387

here's that game, on move 26 i played Bc4 and noticed that Bd5 was probably better right afterwards.
  12. washington
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 03:46
    not always do i realize when i make a move that its bad. i've done quiet a bit and after i have done it usually i try the escape key and sometimes get lucky too bad i have fast internet. well also my girlfriend always catches me usually i say F(*$ or S#($ and then shes like whats wrong and then i just say i F*&*# up and she laughes because she knows that i made a bad move. do you ever realize it when your not even on the board?
  13. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 03:50
    Originally posted by kmac27
    not always do i realize when i make a move that its bad. i've done quiet a bit and after i have done it usually i try the escape key and sometimes get lucky too bad i have fast internet. well also my girlfriend always catches me usually i say F(*$ or S#($ and then shes like whats wrong and then i just say i F*&*# up and she laughes because she knows that i made a bad move. do you ever realize it when your not even on the board?
    you lost me halfway throught that paragraph
  14. washington
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 03:51
    a lot of the times when i'm doing something else i realize how bad of a move i really made. do you guys do that or am i just weird like that? i usually think of moves when i'm away from the board it helps my creative mind stay active.
  15. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 03:52
    er..well...when i'm with my girlfriend, I tend to think about her more than chess...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree