1. washington
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 03:57
    i dont think about chess most of the time buddy i'm busy doing other things when i get bored my mind just wonders. or if i have a game against someone i'm a rival with i always think about it i just can't stop this game is addicting.
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 07:30
    Not only do I do that, but sometimes play a move, go to sleep 3-4 hours later, and then suddenly jump out of my bed at midnight because my "dream" has just told me its a blunder.
  3. USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 14:32
    Originally posted by nmc987
    The worst ones are when you say to yourelf "I cant do that move because itll just get taken"

Then you rack your brains for another 10 minutes and then suddly come up with this great move only to realise too late that its the one you initially knew was bad from the start.
    Boy that has happened to me a lot.
  4. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 10:42
    its because your not in the moment, you think of a varation but dont pay attention to the board and after you move the peice your back again your looking at the whole board and you see the mistake to avoid this mistake:

after you think of the varaition look up at the board look what else you can do for 20-30 secs if you see nothing fine.. make the move, but if you do see something look at the varaition theres no harm in doing that is there?

times when this tip leads to blunders:

blitz i guess...
  5. Joined
    24 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 13:26
    Yes I hate when that happens!
  6. Garner, NC
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 15:33
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    It's funny because this has happened so many times. I pick up piece, and as soon as I move it and set it down, and I mean the instant I set it down, I realize I made a mistake.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
    Once, a long time ago, playing OTB as unrated against a high rated player who was clearly better than me, my opponent did just that.

He was up a rook to a knight. He made his move, let go of the piece, and we both realized at the same instant he'd walked into a fork. His hand hesitated slightly in moving to press his clock. That is how I knew he saw it. I didn't feel the need to hurry my move, and could have easily burned a minute or two just making sure things were okay, but I began to feel sorry for him. I had to go ahead and put him out of his misery. It cost him the game.
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 17:01
    Yeah, it happens to me all the time. It's usually the case that I am in a slightly losing position making defensive move after defensive move and eventually, I forget about one of the threats I spotted 3 moves earlier.

Sometimes, I just blunder away an eve/won game... =(
  8. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 18:29
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    Yes. If there was some way to quickly unclick the "submit move" button I would have avoided a few blunders.
    DITTO!
  9. USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 18:56
    Its odd how we realize it right after we make the movie, and not a while after.
  10. Orlando, Florida
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 20:26
    Originally posted by nmc987
    The worst ones are when you say to yourelf "I cant do that move because itll just get taken"

Then you rack your brains for another 10 minutes and then suddly come up with this great move only to realise too late that its the one you initially knew was bad from the start.
    Been there done that 🙁
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 20:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Ohio
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 00:561 edit
    ----------------------------------
    ----------------------------------
    WOW! I relate to that statement!🙄
  13. Indiana
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 01:38
    move 29 cost me the game. 🙁 Game 2219570
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 01:59
    This is a sign of lack of discipline. You need to learn to think about the position without touching the mouse (or pieces/board if playing OTB).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree