1. Joined
    22 Apr '09
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 19:17
    Game 6501771

Hi folks, I just thought I'd post this game to see if anyone had comments. The asymmetric swap meant that both sides mounted an attack which the other couldn't counter very well. From move 14 towards move 20 or so, I (white) had no real objective, and I think black had an advantage despite the slight material deficiency. I agonized a long time over 19. Qxp and 21. Rb8 - Black's attack was very well mounted and it was far from clear (to me) that my attack would win in time.

fergalish
  2. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 19:44
    Here are a couple of comments.

1)It was knight and bishop for two pawns and a rook, plus your opponents minor pieces were not well connected either.

2) On move 11 when he played Bg4 you could play Bxf6 and win a piece by either ....Qxf6 Qxg4 or Qxd1 Bxd8 Rxd8 Rxd1 which would have left you an exchange and two pawns up.
  3. Joined
    22 Apr '09
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 20:40
    2) On move 11 when he played Bg4 you could play Bxf6 and win a piece by either ....Qxf6 Qxg4 or Qxd1 Bxd8 Rxd8 Rxd1 which would have left you an exchange and two pawns up.
    Ah! I must have panicked with the attack on my queen and failed completely to notice this. I would in any case exclude the first pawn from the "swap", as I wouldn't have swapped if black hadn't attacked my knight. At least I hadn't considered it until then. Thanks for the comment.
  4. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 23:27
    The first pawn was won anyway, so it is not part of the exchange for me.

So we are talking about a swap of B+N for R + P when we are a pawn up. get another pawn and you maybe be fine. Sure he had poor minor pieces, and he swap them away.... Na5 was so bad...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree