Attacking Two Pieces

Attacking Two Pieces

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Georgia, USA

Moves
29 Dec 06

Folks, I'm a fairly bad player who is completely out of the loop on chess terminology - so I come here seeking knowledge.

Is there a specific chess term that applies to the following situation: When you move your knight (or any other piece, I guess) into check and you also have a clean kill on another piece. The king has to move and you swipe the secondary piece from your opponent.

And I'll spare the comedians some effort. I know that the proper chess term is not "getting f...ed", or "the lesser of two evils" or "you're screwed".😀

I thank everyone in advance for passing on the opportunity to be a smart ass - just looking for the right terminology here folks.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
29 Dec 06
2 edits

Sounds like a fork to me.

eg. this is a fork of the King and Rook and Queen

I

Moves
29 Dec 06

Originally posted by CamelClutch
Folks, I'm a fairly bad player who is completely out of the loop on chess terminology - so I come here seeking knowledge.

Is there a specific chess term that applies to the following situation: When you move your knight (or any other piece, I guess) into check and you also have a clean kill on another piece. The king has to move and you swipe the seco ...[text shortened]... the opportunity to be a smart ass - just looking for the right terminology here folks.
You were actually very close with f...ed, it's called a fork.

The Seer of Seers

Jackson, NJ

Moves
29 Dec 06

i think it is called forking. i not to bright either so i could be wrong!