1. Joined
    03 Jun '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 15:38
    why is it when you play certain people and your doing well,looking like your going to win the game,do they stop playing forcing you to time them out losing rating points.is it just the sign of a bad loser as i always finish my games won or lost.any tips on how to avoid this.
  2. Joined
    05 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 15:47
    Why would you lose points in timing out an opponent?
    As for avoiding stalling players,I guess you can only refrain from playing known 'stallers'.
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 15:49
    That was half the reason I became a member, so that I did not have to care about that happening, I dont think you get less points for a timeout, then again I have never really monitored my rating.
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 16:09
    Originally posted by peewackman
    why is it when you play certain people and your doing well,looking like your going to win the game,do they stop playing forcing you to time them out losing rating points.is it just the sign of a bad loser as i always finish my games won or lost.any tips on how to avoid this.
    Timeouts get the same amount of points as any other win. You have a provisional rating, which means that your rating is an adjustment (based on win/loss/draw) against the average of all your opponents ratings. This means that until you have an established rating (20 complete games), you can win and lose rating points.
  5. Joined
    03 Jun '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 16:18
    ok thanks for the feedback,played over 70 games and still getting used to rating points,cheers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree