1. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 14:03
    I have been trying to play longer games (20m or more) on FICS for a while, but usually I have to wait for half an hour or longer to get a game. So are there any chess servers (non CC) where its easy to get a game with longer time controls withing a couple of minutes?
  2. gumtree
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 14:09
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    I have been trying to play longer games (20m or more) on FICS for a while, but usually I have to wait for half an hour or longer to get a game. So are there any chess servers (non CC) where its easy to get a game with longer time controls withing a couple of minutes?
    Chessmaniac (www.chessmaniac.com) have games lasting 30 minute and upwards in increments of 30 minutes. There doesn't seem to be too much hanging about waiting for people to accept the games. They also do up to 14 day a move games on the same rating so that can lead to confusion and misunderstandings. The site is in need of a major overhaul (currently raising funds for that I think) but overall it isn't too bad.
  3. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 14:33
    ICC is your best bet, but that isn't free.
  4. bedlam
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 14:38
    www.chesscube.com

Good,free and plays in browser.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 20:21
    Click open invites and start a game with 28/28 controls.

That will be a longer game.
  6. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 12:441 edit
    Thx for the feedback guys, I'll check out these sites 😉
  7. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 13:39
    there's also flyordie.com with 20min only rooms

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree