1. Joined
    17 Jul '10
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 03:37
    I have checked out a few of the chess sites and Red Hot Pawn is the best I have seen. I have not played chess regularly for years. So I am getting aquainted with the game again. I have had to turn down a couple games so far because two games at a time is all I want to try to handle at this time. The people on this site seem great. Happy that I found this group.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 03:53
    Originally posted by pawn pilot
    I have checked out a few of the chess sites and Red Hot Pawn is the best I have seen. I have not played chess regularly for years. So I am getting aquainted with the game again. I have had to turn down a couple games so far because two games at a time is all I want to try to handle at this time. The people on this site seem great. Happy that I found this group.
    Thank you Russ
  3. e4
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 12:00
    Don't think it's Russ, the spelling is correct.
  4. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 12:46
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Thank you Russ
    Why would russ make publicity to his own site... on his own site?
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 13:19
    Originally posted by orion25
    You have to squash all thoughts of the inmates jumping the fence and escaping to any other sites. 😉
  6. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 16:01
    checkout more
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 18:42
    Originally posted by orion25
    It was a tongue in cheek statement.
    We all know Russ does this at every other site on the web.
  8. Cyberspace
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 18:53
    No dear, sucking up wont get you a free subscription. You have to cough up the money for that.
    😀
  9. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 18:55
    It's weird how one can tell it's the best sight on the net and that the people are great after being a member for one day!
  10. Joined
    17 Jul '10
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 19:54
    I thought it was worth a shot
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 15:05
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    It's weird how one can tell it's the best sight on the net and that the people are great after being a member for one day!
    I can sight other cites where poor eyesite produces Idiot savants
  12. The Smoke
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 17:17
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    my two cents - I've not played on other sites, just looked around, checked their interface/functionality. RHP has, imho, by far the best GUI/front-end and design in general - nice, neat, easy-to-use, fresh etc... some other sites are just horrible in that perspective. One might argue it's all about functionality and not design..
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    25 Jul '10 18:56
    Originally posted by Renars
    my two cents - I've not played on other sites, just looked around, checked their interface/functionality. RHP has, imho, by far the best GUI/front-end and design in general - nice, neat, easy-to-use, fresh etc... some other sites are just horrible in that perspective. One might argue it's all about functionality and not design..
    Depends on which you've looked at. I've played at some sites that are truly awful. RHP is good, but the two I play at most often are better IMHO.
  14. Joined
    20 Jul '10
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 18:37
    It's ok I guess.
  15. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 20:11
    Originally posted by arterioes
    No dear, sucking up wont get you a free subscription. You have to cough up the money for that.
    😀
    Unless you are a female grandmaster of course

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree