1. Standard memberDaphnes
    Rusty Veteran
    My happy place
    Moves
    25 May '07 00:52
    I'm currently playing a game with codyoriellerson, that I will most likely lose. I had a chance to skull, but decided to warn him because he isn't slow like some people are.

So, to skull or not to skull? What do you choose, if victory isn't already asured?
  2. washington
    Moves
    25 May '07 00:58
    hmm i have a winning lottery ticket should i turn it in? naahh maybe money will fall into my hands some other way 🙄
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 May '07 01:00
    Originally posted by Daphnes
    I'm currently playing a game with codyoriellerson, that I will most likely lose. I had a chance to skull, but decided to warn him because he isn't slow like some people are.

So, to skull or not to skull? What do you choose, if victory isn't already asured?
    I feel you did the right thing. I play all my games casual and people get more chances to skull me than I do them. I will skull for clan games, but only after I contact my clan to remind me it's a clan game... "Take It!"

P-
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 May '07 01:01
    Originally posted by kmac27
    hmm i have a winning lottery ticket should i turn it in? naahh maybe money will fall into my hands some other way 🙄
    Wow, your rating is paying the bills and keeping you alive!
  5. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 May '07 01:04
    Never a 'correct' answer to this question; it depends on you. I know that might be hard, but the decision cannot be answered here in the forum.
  6. washington
    Moves
    25 May '07 01:05
    no its an analogy. dee dee dee when someones time on the chess clock times out do you offer them to finish the game. hey you were winning do you want more time so you can beat me?
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 May '07 01:13
    Originally posted by kmac27
    no its an analogy. dee dee dee when someones time on the chess clock times out do you offer them to finish the game. hey you were winning do you want more time so you can beat me?
    Some people are more casual about it I guess, so it depends on the person playing. Most of the people I play I know through the forums so I don't press clocks. The time is flexible in my eyes, but I won't let it stand over and over unless the other user has good reason.

Did you just Dee'd'dee me!@?

😉

P-
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 May '07 01:18
    Yeah if they generally move quickly I'd give 'em a chance.
    Otherwise (even if I'm certain to lose) the skull's there to be clicked.
    There's no excuse with clear time controls & the new vacation system.
  9. Tionesta
    Moves
    25 May '07 03:56
    Why the question? The rules of the game are plain to everyone. Don't take advantage of me. If you make a n incorrect move with your pieces is it OK? If you have too many games to keep track, cut your load down. Don't expect others to share your cavalier approach to the game. It's serious or no one would bother with these questions. So start taking it serious. I don't like to lose. DO YOU ????????
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '07 11:18
    Clicking on skulls is just too damn much fun to pass up, and if you had a dead lost game, you'll be giggling all day afterwards.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    25 May '07 13:06
    On another site, I claimed a win on time in a game in which I had just blundered. My opponent sent me a message full of sarcasm regarding my chess strength. Then, I found that in another of his games in the same event, he was six days over the time limit when he claimed a win on time against an opponent that was one day over.

skull 'em!
  12. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    25 May '07 14:17
    I claim victory most of the time
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '07 16:15
    To claim a win due to time is what I do OTB.
    I do it in CC too.

I would skull him. Every one knows this, it says so in my profile.
  14. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    25 May '07 17:00
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Did you just Dee'd'dee me!@?

😉

P-
    That is nothing, I have been dum dee dummed before.
  15. over there
    Moves
    26 May '07 13:47
    Originally posted by Daphnes

There are countless threads about this. Do you play chess to lose? Skull him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree