Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    26 Mar '06 06:26
    what happens if a strong chess engine plays another strong engine ... do we expect each of them to continually evade defeat?

    what ratio of draws to decisive results do we expect?

    what about strong humans v humans?
  2. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    26 Mar '06 06:34
    http://www.ru.is/wccc05/default.asp?Page=Notepad&ID=3

    seems to suggest that the top machines end up with lots of results ... not so many draws.
  3. 26 Mar '06 21:10
    Originally posted by flexmore
    http://www.ru.is/wccc05/default.asp?Page=Notepad&ID=3

    seems to suggest that the top machines end up with lots of results ... not so many draws.
    What happens if god plays god?
  4. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    26 Mar '06 21:16
    Originally posted by RahimK
    What happens if god plays god?
    no Caro-Kann
  5. 26 Mar '06 21:47
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    no Caro-Kann
    Ah, but god with white beat the devil with black in the Caro.

    See chessbase and it was blitz. The devil was all smug sitting back in the chair telling god you can't beat me in 50 second. You're going to flag. God pointed at the clock, and the devil saw that there were increments. The devil made the clock, but god made the increment.

    The devil got angry and vanished, 1-0 God.
  6. 26 Mar '06 22:30
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    no Caro-Kann
    no chess at all...
  7. 27 Mar '06 03:06
    Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
    no chess at all...
    Hahaha, i feel the same way about the caro. devils opening.
  8. 27 Mar '06 16:02
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Hahaha, i feel the same way about the caro. devils opening.
    Try a King's Indian Attack or a Blackmar-Diemer Gambit!
  9. 28 Mar '06 03:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    Try a King's Indian Attack or a Blackmar-Diemer Gambit!
    Naw, it's just not the same. Those aren't as drawish.