1. Under Cover
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 12:50
    So the thread is closed, and a forum mod thought it was of value to tell everyone that public cheat accusations are not allowed. No kidding... Everyone knew that to begin with. Don't worry though Russ. Everyone knows that you won't do anything to those people anyway, just give 'em a stern warning with a wink. That'll address the problem, we won't see this play out another thousand times, will we?!

No, you don't have to ban me, I'm leaving on my own.
  2. Canberra, Australia
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 13:13
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    So the thread is closed, and a forum mod thought it was of value to tell everyone that public cheat accusations are not allowed. No kidding... Everyone knew that to begin with. Don't worry though Russ. Everyone knows that you won't do anything to those people anyway, just give 'em a stern warning with a wink. That'll address the problem, we won't see t ...[text shortened]... another thousand times, will we?!

Don't let the large electric doors catch your nose comically on the way out.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 13:53
    So the thread is closed, and a forum mod thought it was of value to tell everyone that public cheat accusations are not allowed. No kidding... Everyone knew that to begin with. Don't worry though Russ. Everyone knows that you won't do anything to those people anyway, just give 'em a stern warning with a wink. That'll address the problem, we won't see t ...[text shortened]... another thousand times, will we?!

As Jack said, "You can't handle the truth!"
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 15:43

Relax. Okay, there are cheaters here, we all know that. But that shouldn't decrease your enjoyment of the game. Just think of cheaters as really really good players.

Besides, this is one of the few sites that actually does something about cheaters. Be thankful for that at least.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 15:58
    Originally posted by sh76
    Just think of cheaters as really really good players.
    that's an insult to the really good players. engine users have as little in common with good players as cheating in an exam has with actually mastering the required knowledge. they are the lowest form of scum and deserve no pity.
  6. e4
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 16:46
    Originally posted by wormwood
    that's an insult to the really good players. engine users have as little in common with good players as cheating in an exam has with actually mastering the required knowledge. they are the lowest form of scum and deserve no pity.
    Don't think Sh meant it that way - it just came out all wrong.

Think he is trying to say ignore them, just enjoy the good game. 😕

At first I thought why bother with them, if I met one I'll resign and
    never play him again. Then realised. Hey, people are paying money
    here to get a clean game here. They are being cheated.

Also pride. It took me years to become a fairly decent player.
    To have someone who has not put in the graft (nor the love of the game)
    poncing around pretending to be a 2000+ player is annoying.

Rip our their eyes and cast their souls into the deepest hole in Hell....

Or ban them - it's up to Russ.
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 16:48
    Originally posted by sh76
    Relax. Okay, there are cheaters here, we all know that. But that shouldn't decrease your enjoyment of the game. Just think of cheaters as really really good players.

Besides, this is one of the few sites that actually does something about cheaters. Be thankful for that at least.
    You misunderstand, Mr Smart was complaining about those despicable people who insist on naming the cheaters in the forums, not the cheaters themselves.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 17:01
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    You misunderstand, Mr Smart was complaining about those despicable people who insist on naming the cheaters in the forums, not the cheaters themselves.
    Oh okay; Then it's even easier to relax and ignore them. 🙂
  9. New York
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 22:23
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Plus, the thread was originally just to poke some harmless fun at those who have been caught and are gone - the more blatant & obvious the funnier. It was never intended to create a witchhunt in the current player ranks.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 22:49
    actually i myself am not highly rated enough to have come into contact with any cheats, and even if i had i do not think that i would notice, as 50% of the time i am getting my ass kicked anyway, however, it does seem to me that there is a certain frustration with the guys who face cheats, or who know of cheats, especially if they have persisted for some time, however one must assume that it takes evidence to ban someone, which must be gathered over a period of time, so surely there is a balance to be struck, yes we know there are cheats, yes we suspect who they are, but eventually they will be banned, it does naturally not take the pain of being cheated away, but its an imperfect system. is there no technical mechanism that the site owners could employ to tackle the problem as it happens or are the logistics of such an undertaking just impractical and virtually impossible?
  11. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 04:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually i myself am not highly rated enough to have come into contact with any cheats, and even if i had i do not think that i would notice, as 50% of the time i am getting my ass kicked anyway, however, it does seem to me that there is a certain frustration with the guys who face cheats, or who know of cheats, especially if they have persisted for ...[text shortened]... t happens or are the logistics of such an undertaking just impractical and virtually impossible?
    Robbie Carobie - love that first sentence and your profile quote. Very zen or something like that.

Here's a question on top of that - if you go for a run or physical exercise you'll feel good at the end regardless of how well you actually went.

Can the same be said for a mental workout?😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree