1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 07:35
    Originally posted by Tiwaking
    To be honest, I dont think there is a way to play 'against the Birds opening'. 1. f4 is, to paraphrase Fischer, a 'High class waiting move'

Both players should just grit their teeth and play out their ideas, ahh the joy of chess!

One of my favourite things Danielsen says on one of his videos is, when commenting on playing an opening like 1. a3 (I th ...[text shortened]... ng like a3, then maybe you should read some beginner books. Or get your school money back"
    ah yes, but imagine you are sitting at the board and someone opposite you pulls a fast one and opens with 1.f4, we need to know his ideas, his plans, what he wants to achieve, before we make our moves! i myself am quite undecided, for i dont like the d5 setup, blacks gets too much control over e5 for my liking, i think we should challenge him on the dark squares, maybe play a Sicilian and force him into closed Sicilian, maybe Froms, anything but let him sac pawns on e4 and f5 and give our king a pasting!
  2. Joined
    29 Aug '09
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 03:43
    Thanks for the e4 sac lesson wormwood.
    I didn`t know about it b4 this thread.
    I tried it out today in a cafe but colours reversed and woohoo was up a piece in a flash.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree