1. Joined
    18 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 07:38
    I was white in this game and played reasonably well to get this position.

I just timed out my opponent but i'd be keen to know what people think the outcome would have been and how you'd go about achieving that outcome.

Also i've set this up as a set-piece game if anyone is interested in playing the black pieces.
  2. Joined
    05 Jun '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 16:54
    Originally posted by Marsan
    I was white in this game and played reasonably well to get this position.

[fen]8/3kb3/8/4r3/P1K5/5QP1/8/8 b - - 0 1[/fen]

I just timed out my opponent but i'd be keen to know what people think the outcome would have been and how you'd go about achieving that outcome.

Also i've set this up as a set-piece game if anyone is interested in playing the black pieces.
    white can't lose, and should definitely win. both pawns are well places because their 8th rank squares are white and the bishop is dark...just push pawns and protect with king and queen.

white could even probably trade the queen for the rook and still win, though it'd be harder 😀
  3. Joined
    18 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 04:39
    Obviously white can't lose but i checked out a few bishop v 2 pawn endgames in Nalimov and it called them drawn. I think they're very dependent on starting position.

Anyway blackbuster has taken up the challenge, so we will see what happens.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree