Moves
    26 Feb '08 16:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 17:031 edit
    Egoist clown with psychological problems. Thanks. I should probably click alert moderator since I always tried to be polite on this or any other forum and I think this is not the place for insults or rude behavior like yours only because I am protected by anonymity.

I am here to play the game I like and because a lot of interesting people to talk with them and share my opinions or ask them chess related questions.

I don't feel the need to inform you on every action I make because none of it is your concern but for all other people information (seeing that you posted link to my profile in General Forum with negative intentions, to stigmatize me and some other players ) I resigned my games because I was putting too much time in chess so I realized that it is not healthy to play so much games at this moment. I have an University to finish and other priorities in my life.

I repeat, if that is the reason I have to be called Egoistic clown with psychological problems, then do it, I do not care. That is your problem more than mine.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 18:091 edit
    Good Internet Troll, meet your nemesis, Bad Internet Troll.
  6. back in business
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 19:22

7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 20:13

8. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    [b]i was suprised how quickly i got this one
    Reinle-Neureiter: 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 g6 3.Nd5 Ne7 4.?

4.Nf6#! Yeah, seems pretty easy.

but went the wrong way on this
    Georgy-Veremeichik: 1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 c5 3.Bf4 cxd4 4.Nxd4

4...e5 5.Bxe5 Qa5+ looks winning, unless there is a trick I missed.[/b]
    Do you "see" the whole board in your mind? I do not see anything 😞 . At least I do not see it very clear. Does somebody can "see" 64 squares in his head? I think it is more about being familiar with squares diagonals, ranks and files. I mean, knowing that long diagonal is a1-h8, knowing the natural initial knight posts on c3, f3, c6, d6, knowing the weak f7 and f2 spots. Knowing usual bishop places like when pinning knights... Is that right way to go? knowing each square, maybe even its color well... I think that could be the point, so if you know that squares on common themes on them you can create various mental or visualization shortcuts.

For example if you learn well That Bb5 bishop often pins c6 knight to the king and slices through a4-d8 diagonal you wont have such problems getting the picture of it in your head..

The prove for that is that is much simpler to imagine in your head some ruy lopez familiar line than some exotic openings you never heard about..

It is much easier to solve this problems while looking at empty board (even without pieces) then doing all in your head. So the goal is to memorize every single square on the board, its color, place etc. (I think Judith Polgar practiced this)

I do not want to play blindfold games, I am just trying to get some calculation abilities to help me in OTB since I was too dependent on analysis board.

http://www.chessvideos.tv/chess-visualizer-square-colors.php

Look at the link, very nice drill.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 18:09
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Do you "see" the whole board in your mind? I do not see anything 😞 . At least I do not see it very clear. Does somebody can "see" 64 squares in his head? I think it is more about being familiar with squares diagonals, ranks and files. I mean, knowing that long diagonal is a1-h8, knowing the natural initial knight posts on c3, f3, c6, d6, knowing the weak f ...[text shortened]... ww.chessvideos.tv/chess-visualizer-square-colors.php

Look at the link, very nice drill.
    You hit the nail right on the head. It's all about relationships between the squares and pattern recognition. Opening knowledge also helps; many of the exercises are well-known traps in "book" openings.

Solving chess problems also helps visualization. I suggest starting with composed mates in 2 or 3. Try to see all the variations without moving any pieces. [Compositions tend to have more variations than game-like problems, and thus teach visual thoroughness.]

I'll check out the link later on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree