Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 30 Oct '13 17:42
    Old Blitz worked fine on my laptop. Now I can get the home page which is blank other than the game options. Game page does nothing, no board and no players. Probably me but no idea what im doing wrong.
    Please help
  2. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    30 Oct '13 17:50
    Originally posted by eltricky
    Old Blitz worked fine on my laptop. Now I can get the home page which is blank other than the game options. Game page does nothing, no board and no players. Probably me but no idea what im doing wrong.
    Please help
    Did you try offering a game?
  3. 30 Oct '13 17:54
    Yes, offered game, waited a min or so and no reply. Be nice to see who im offering a game to though. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  4. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    30 Oct '13 18:03
    Originally posted by eltricky
    Yes, offered game, waited a min or so and no reply. Be nice to see who im offering a game to though. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    You are offering a game to anyone else that is on the server. There are not many on there, so you may have to wait longer than a minute for a game. You can see how many players are on by the list on the right.
  5. 30 Oct '13 18:43
    I see. More patience needed. So is it normal not to see a board until a game is accepted, unlike old Blitz?
  6. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    30 Oct '13 19:28
    Originally posted by eltricky
    I see. More patience needed. So is it normal not to see a board until a game is accepted, unlike old Blitz?
    Yes.

    Another thing you can try - if there are any names on the player list with a green dot, that means they are playing. You should be able to click on their name and observe the game.
  7. 30 Oct '13 19:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yes.

    Another thing you can try - if there are any names on the player list with a green dot, that means they are playing. You should be able to click on their name and observe the game.
    I really like that upgrade. I was able to play a game yesterday.
  8. 30 Oct '13 22:24
    That seems to be part of the problem. There is no players list or board.
  9. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    31 Oct '13 00:33
    Originally posted by eltricky
    That seems to be part of the problem. There is no players list or board.
    Can you post a screenshot? If you have Windows, Alt-Print Screen takes a picture. Save the image, then upload it at www.tinypic.com. Then I can see what you are seeing.
  10. 31 Oct '13 09:34
    Appreciate your time SG. ALT PRT SCRN doing nothing so saved the screen from the 'PAGE' drop down menu. Then Tinypic did not like the format.
    Still working on it.
    This is why I love computers. Save me so much time!!!!
  11. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    31 Oct '13 13:00
    Originally posted by eltricky
    Appreciate your time SG. ALT PRT SCRN doing nothing so saved the screen from the 'PAGE' drop down menu. Then Tinypic did not like the format.
    Still working on it.
    This is why I love computers. Save me so much time!!!!
    Alt-Print screen puts a screenshot on the clipboard. You have to Paste it in to a program like MS Paint and then save it that way. A *.JPG file should work with tinypic.
  12. 31 Oct '13 21:06
    Easy when you know how. Uploaded file 'eltricky blitz.jpg'.

    Thanks again for your help
  13. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    31 Oct '13 22:35
    Originally posted by eltricky
    Easy when you know how. Uploaded file 'eltricky blitz.jpg'.

    Thanks again for your help
    Tinypic should give you a link to the picture once you upload. Please post the link here so I can see it. It will be something like this:

    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11jbu4y&s=5
  14. 31 Oct '13 23:51
    Did it again. http://i42.tinypic.com/34g6lgm.jpg This is what was shown as direct link. Hope I got it right.

    Thanks
  15. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    01 Nov '13 00:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by eltricky
    Did it again. http://i42.tinypic.com/34g6lgm.jpg This is what was shown as direct link. Hope I got it right.

    Thanks
    Ahh. It's Internet Explorer. My Internet Explorer does the same thing as yours. I have IE9.

    This gives me the chance to help you in a bigger way. IE sucks (the only reason I have it is it came with Windows). Get Firefox or Chrome instead.

    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/