1. Standard memberWhiteknuckle
    High Priest–Low Cult
    Sudan, TX USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 16:06
    Where can I find, or can you explain, the rules of the Blitz play?
    blue skies, whtnukle😳
  2. back in business
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 16:16
    Same as normal chess rules, except making illegal move loses (in case your opponent notices). If opponent does not notice, the game will continue normally (unlike normal chess where the position before illegal move will be restored)
  3. Standard memberWhiteknuckle
    High Priest–Low Cult
    Sudan, TX USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 16:38
    Thanks. What about the timing? If you have 15 minutes and 8 seconds. Does that mean I must move every 8 seconds and the total game can only take 15 minutes? What happens if I take more than 8 seconds to move? I.E. what are the consequences of the rules in timing?
    whtnukle
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 16:48
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    Same as normal chess rules, except making illegal move loses (in case your opponent notices). If opponent does not notice, the game will continue normally (unlike normal chess where the position before illegal move will be restored)
    That means that you can actually take the your oppenents king with your own king and win the game - if he doesn't notice it before it is too late. (!)
  5. back in business
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 17:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That means that you can actually take the your oppenents king with your own king and win the game - if he doesn't notice it before it is too late. (!)
    Actually you can't, at least not in finland. Capturing opponents king is considered illegal move, so if you do it, its you who loses then.
  6. back in business
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 17:15
    Originally posted by Whtnukle
    Thanks. What about the timing? If you have 15 minutes and 8 seconds. Does that mean I must move every 8 seconds and the total game can only take 15 minutes? What happens if I take more than 8 seconds to move? I.E. what are the consequences of the rules in timing?
    whtnukle
    Most probably it means that you have 15mins time for whole game + you get extra 8 seconds everytime you move

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree