Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    28 Aug '11 19:54
    I go there and get zero players and if I offer a game, nothing happens. Is something wrong on my end? Anyone else see that?
  2. 28 Aug '11 20:02
    I just blundered a game away.
  3. 28 Aug '11 20:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I go there and get zero players and if I offer a game, nothing happens. Is something wrong on my end? Anyone else see that?
    they're scared of you...

edit: it's the same with me.
  4. 28 Aug '11 20:15
    Yeah! I blew the game, but won on time!!!
  5. 28 Aug '11 20:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If there's zero players,what do you expect will happen?
  6. 28 Aug '11 20:18
    It takes me a few seconds to let it load. Maybe you are just on a really slow computer.
  7. 29 Aug '11 00:43
    Originally posted by torten
    i'd expect a dancing unicorn to keep me entertained as i wait for someone else to join the waiting room to accept my game.
  8. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Aug '11 02:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    i'd expect a dancing unicorn to keep me entertained as i wait for someone else to join the waiting room to accept my game.
    Well, for me there was one change: Now when I go to blitz, I find myself listed as a player. Nobody else ATT however.

I am also now back to being able to offer a game. Of course with no one else there.....
  9. 29 Aug '11 03:02
    uchess.com is very similar and generally has more players online. For some reason, I can never claim timeout wins, but the site is otherwise ok.
  10. 29 Aug '11 14:47
    Originally posted by trev33
    A unicorn is a bit unreasonable.Too girlish anyway.

But you can have a bear
  11. 29 Aug '11 17:55
    the problem with this site for blitz is that it isn't rated, and people don't try and win. I just played a game just now and the guy gave away a bishop and a queen inside of 10 moves, the other 3 games my opponent timed out.
  12. 29 Aug '11 20:33
    A unicorn is a bit unreasonable.Too girlish anyway.

But you can have a bear
    thought you wrote beer at first
  13. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    03 Sep '11 03:03
    I have been to the blitz site when there were no players but if I offered a game, it would come up on the board, of course nobody there to take the game but it comes up.

However, sometimes it shows zero players and if I offer a game it does not go to the main box. It just sits there looking smug.
  14. 03 Sep '11 11:02
    Had a look and played a couple of players then when I looked up their names they are p1200s with little or no games. Do some people sign up just to play blitz on here?
  15. 03 Sep '11 11:05
    I forgot about blitz, just logged in, left a game for 2 minutes, no takers, logged off. I guess Saturday morning isn't the time to find lots of players online