1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 16:08
    When you look at the list of names playing, you see three styles, ones with no extra icons, ones with the stylized chessboard on the lower right and then ones with a tiny square at the upper right of the players icon. I assume the chessboard one means they are actively playing a game, but what does the tiny square at the upper right of the icon mean? I assume no extra icon means they are present but not playing. The tiny square has me baffled.
  2. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 19:28
    They are provisional 1200 I think
  3. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 19:30
    It would be a great addition to the blitz site if you could see a player's rating during the game (if you offer you have no idea).
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 22:41
    Originally posted by tiggeronvrb
    It would be a great addition to the blitz site if you could see a player's rating during the game (if you offer you have no idea).
    Also, I love to watch games by strong players, which is not an option here. He has said it's not a site they are spending programming time on, WYSIWYG.
  5. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 23:01
    And of course fix the en passent bug! I won a game with a pawn mate which should not have been mate (it could be taken ep). If you know that you cant e.p. out of check and your opponent doesnt this can also be an advantage!
  6. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 00:18
    And of course fix the en passent bug! I won a game with a pawn mate which should not have been mate (it could be taken ep). If you know that you cant e.p. out of check and your opponent doesnt this can also be an advantage!
    Tigger, do you happen to still have that game?
    I am interested in playing through it. Thanks.
  7. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 08:06
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    Tigger, do you happen to still have that game?
    I am interested in playing through it. Thanks.
    I'm afraid not, I dont save my blitz games. I was overwhelmingly winning anyway, but I saw the possibility as I knew about the bug and went for it - I was interested to see if the system would call it mate and it did (I knew you couldn't e.p. out of check, but now know you can also not e.p. out of mate).
    As I remember the black king was on a5 with their pawn on a4 and I played b2-b4 mate.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 10:54
    There are so many things wrong with blitz it's such a pity. You should be able to move a piece when its not your go. If you play 1 minute games there is no way to bash the moves out super quickly, you have to wait for your opponent to move before you can do anything. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree