1. Lancaster
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 11:01
    Anyone read 'Bobby Fischer goes to War' by Edmonds and Eindow ?

Just borrowed it from the local library and gradually reading through it on me train journey into work . info at http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1528
  2. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:14
    I read the book from a plane ride from London to Washington D.C. I liked the book as it explored a lot of the political matters that went on before, during, and even after the match.

My only disappointment was that the book barely dipped into the games played between Fischer and Spasssky as I would have preferred more of the game analysis. Oh well. I guess I will have to find another book for that.
  3. Big D
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:57
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    I read the book from a plane ride from London to Washington D.C. I liked the book as it explored a lot of the political matters that went on before, during, and even after the match.

My only disappointment was that the book barely dipped into the games played between Fischer and Spasssky as I would have preferred more of the game analysis. Oh well. I guess I will have to find another book for that.
    Many authors have analyzed the 1972 match between Fischer and Spassky:
    Smith and Evans, Reshevsky, Gligoric, Byrne, etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree