1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 15:14
    Originally posted by wormwood
    here's a game from another CC site, which finished just a moment ago. - the guy started with giving me a pawn and a futile check, and it was game over on move 3: a pawn up, ahead on development, it's all over. I don't have to risk anything, just mop it up with safe moves until the already won endgame.

it was just too easy, I probably didn't use more than ...[text shortened]... knights vs bishops preference and the bishop pair were totally ignored.

🙂
    i wish i could play chess this easy, awesome game, to have the insight and confidence that by move three your problems are over is something else. i take it all back and once again stand corrected!😳
  2. e4
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 15:18
    Originally posted by wormwood
    swapping the queens off was not the objectively best move....
    OK each to his own I guess.
    But Black's position was just asking to be stomped
    and the badly placed Queen was a huge plus for White.
    I could not resist it.

Best Bond movie is Dr.No. The first one with Sean Connery.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 22:33
    Originally posted by max92
    As a beginner what book helped you improve the most and help to understand certain aspects of chess most effectively,which one do you remember the most in your learning years.
    The book that helped me the most was "500 Master Games Of Chess"
    by Tartakower. It was my first chess book. Most of these games were from 1850-1935. I must have played over 300-400 of these games. It taught me a lot....
    But you can do the same thing with any game collection.

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree