1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:32
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    This method thingy looks interesting.
    lol, interetsing and controversial, ahhh, at last some decent debate without the nasty personal insults that stem from what Steve Lopez terms 'its all about me', culture.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, interetsing and controversial, ahhh, at last some decent debate without the nasty personal insults that stem from what Steve Lopez terms 'its all about me', culture.
    I'm too lazy to search the rest of the thread to see if there was a book mentioned about this... so any books about it?
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:46
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Hi Robbie. No, I'm not Steve Lopez. However, I decline to comment on whether I'm Alex Bangiev. 😛 It WOULD be cool if Steve could make a post or two while he's reading this thread. (Hint, hint, Steve.)
    I don't know if I'd be able to talk him into showing up or not.

20...g6... I also looked at f6... anything to give the Black King some breathing room! At work now, though; don't have any notes with me.
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:47
    I'm too lazy to search the rest of the thread to see if there was a book mentioned about this... so any books about it?
    AFAIK, the only book on it is in German.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:50
    AFAIK, the only book on it is in German.
    That'll do thanks.. is it an easily obtainable book?
  6. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:58
    That'll do thanks.. is it an easily obtainable book?
    I don't know. German doesn't do me any good, so I didn't check into it. But a previous post of ivanhoe's mentions the book.
  7. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 21:54
    My god! Do you crave attention or something?
  8. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 22:41
    I know you can't be talking about me here - I didn't buy the biggest honking vehicle I could find. 😛
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 22:56
    I know you can't be talking about me here - I didn't buy the biggest honking vehicle I could find. 😛
    lol, obviously you read the article, it was immensely amusing and quite insightful, i really like the American way of looking at the nature of something, drawing comparisons and looking for parallels else where, it was as unpretentious as it was honest.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 23:04
    Does this method work in all positions?
  11. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 23:12
    lol, obviously you read the article, it was immensely amusing and quite insightful, i really like the American way of looking at the nature of something, drawing comparisons and looking for parallels else where, it was as unpretentious as it was honest.
    I too liked the article. But the thing that I couldn't quite wrap my mind around was that someone who lives in New York could like Delbert McClinton. 😀
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by Talisman
    My god! Do you crave attention or something?
    ok, so now you know what my motives are, amazing, really amazing, is it some kind of gift that you have? i myself struggle quite hard to see myself the way others see me, true objectivity has always been quite elusive, (thats why i am such a bad chess player), but thanks to guys like you my true persona is slowly becoming really lucid.

once i thought that to be unassuming was virtuous , or so i thought, clearly my thinking was quite erroneous? do you also read minds? what about books? can you tell what i am thinking now? who is your god? you see, 'its not all about me'.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 23:17
    Does this method work in all positions?
    openings, middle game and transition to the endgame, but happily only touches on all that boring endgame stuff. whether it works or not, i think that the jury is still undecided. more examples of people who practice it are are needed so that a greater consensus of thought can be taken.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 23:21
    openings, middle game and transition to the endgame, but happily only touches on all that boring endgame stuff. whether it works or not, i think that the jury is still undecided. more examples of people who practice it are are needed so that a greater consensus of thought can be taken.
    I use square strategy when i make plans... so as to have my pieces cooperate better since i am not a master at maneuvering.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 23:22
    I too liked the article. But the thing that I couldn't quite wrap my mind around was that someone who lives in New York could like Delbert McClinton. 😀
    you see how we agree? the emperor, lord Bangiev wants to see you young skywalker, it is you're destiny!😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree