06 May '06 06:18
    Very odd. 😕
  4. Joined
    28 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 May '06 06:50
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    really? looks pretty odd to me...
    I'm sure you guys are just giving him a hard time, but I think he means 1.e4 2.Nf3 3.Bc4

And I don't think it's boring at all. The two knights defence is my favorite opening to play as white. I don't mind playing the Italian Game either.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    06 May '06 07:25
    I agree its a well used oppening but its good fun....I bet you even play it lol....
    Hope people are reading so in future they wont play it against you ok trevor.🙂
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    06 May '06 12:58
    Originally posted by trevor33
    must be the most boring over used opening on this site 😴😴😴😴😴
    If it is not broken then no need to fix it
  7. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 May '06 14:15
    Originally posted by trevor33
    must be the most boring over used opening on this site 😴😴😴😴😴
    There are solutions:

1. Play better players. It's much less common at higher levels.

2. Don't reply to e4 with e5. There's plenty of other options that are much less boring. I found that e4 e5 games tend to be boring for me in the opening. Instead I tried the sicilian, caro-kann, french, pirc, and nimzowich defenses.
  8. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:53
    Originally posted by ark13
    There are solutions:

2. Don't reply to e4 with e5. There's plenty of other options that are much less boring. I found that e4 e5 games tend to be boring for me in the opening. Instead I tried the sicilian, caro-kann, french, pirc, and nimzowich defenses.
    Don't forget the ole Alekhine defense, nothing better than two moves in the opening with the same piece to get your blood boiling!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:57
    Originally posted by smiffy
    I agree its a well used oppening but its good fun....I bet you even play it lol....
    Hope people are reading so in future they wont play it against you ok trevor.🙂
    i hope so smiffy🙂 i've never used it - spent to many games playing against it, i find it leads to pretty similar games.
  10. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:59
    boring ones lol...well all i can say is play e6 and d5 instead of e5 and nc6 or whatever...
    just play different things.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '06 17:01
    Originally posted by ark13
    There are solutions:

your right - i like to play a mix of ratings so will have to play against it sometimes but i'll try maybe bringing the knights out to see what happeneds next time.
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    07 May '06 12:01
    There are many different openings to come from that line:

-The Giuco Piano (sorry for sp.) can be quiet, with the Pianissimo lines with d3 being quite dull, but some of the gambit lines, whilst slightly unsound, can be very exciting.

-Evans Gambit is very similar to the Piano, but gambits the b pawn (and sometimes more) for a lead in development, and a powerful centre. I'm not sure if it is still considered sound, but is certainly not dull.

- 2 Knights Defence usually result in a gambit also, this time for black. The Wilkes-Barre is certainly not for those who have not done their homework on the lines!

Certainly plenty of variety, and quite a few of them are sharp and tactical. Maybe it is your response that is forcing the play to be dull?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree