Brady on Fischer

Brady on Fischer

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MR

Moves
01 Feb 11

Time for sharing... A Chess Life article giving background on Frank Brady's new biography of Bobby. Also an interview of Dr. Brady...

And a lost game between a fourteen-year-old Fischer and Max Euwe.

http://main.uschess.org/content/view/11006/141/

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
01 Feb 11

A tad nostalgic, good pulp.

rc

Moves
01 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Mad Rook
Time for sharing... A Chess Life article giving background on Frank Brady's new biography of Bobby. Also an interview of Dr. Brady...

And a lost game between a fourteen-year-old Fischer and Max Euwe.

http://main.uschess.org/content/view/11006/141/
Did he not refuse to amend the text of his first book after Fischer had read the draft and found certain elements objectionable? The relationship ending abruptly thereafter.

MR

Moves
01 Feb 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Did he not refuse to amend the text of his first book after Fischer had read the draft and found certain elements objectionable? The relationship ending abruptly thereafter.
yeah, I think so.

rc

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by Mad Rook
yeah, I think so.
i remember someone posted a link to an interesting radio interview, it might even have been you Rook, in which he (Brady) intimated the details. Somehow i dont think Fischer would approve of his latest biography either 🙂

Moves
02 Feb 11

good to see a book on fischer authored by someone having a direct history with fischer.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 11

Originally posted by tonytiger41
good to see a book on fischer authored by someone having a direct history with fischer.
yes a direct history until Fischer told him where to get off!

Moves
03 Feb 11

I know Fischer's games better than my own but I am so tired of the gossip. He was an emotionally stunted child - the same as at least half of the folk in the USA. Can't we just leave it at that?

rc

Moves
03 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by TerrierJack
I know Fischer's games better than my own but I am so tired of the gossip. He was an emotionally stunted child - the same as at least half of the folk in the USA. Can't we just leave it at that?
No we must celebrate his legend! 🙂

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
03 Feb 11

Speaking of books the chesscafe book of 2010 is Chess Duels.

MR

Moves
03 Feb 11

Originally posted by TerrierJack
I probably wouldn't have started the thread, except for the newly-found Fischer-Euwe game, which I thought might interest some people.

So I guess you won't be buying Brady's new book, huh? 😛

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
03 Feb 11

I think you are correct. There were many things Mr. Fischer found "objectionable" in his life. A great chess talent...far too self centered though.😕

rc

Moves
03 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by bill718
I think you are correct. There were many things Mr. Fischer found "objectionable" in his life. A great chess talent...far too self centered though.😕
Well if you asked a friend to leave out or to change an appellation in a book concerning you and they bowed to the requests of the publishers and refused what would that tell you about your friendship. Obviously Brady was more interested in making money than he was maintaining his friendship with Fischer.

Moves
03 Feb 11

No we must celebrate his legend! 🙂
Celebrate the games! (That's all you'll get of value from Fischer (and maybe Fischer-Random.)) The gossip is only fit for teenagers gawking at tabloids.

B

Moves
04 Feb 11

sadasdka;sdlasd