Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    31 Aug '08 19:32 / 3 edits
    Here it was all ok, Philidor position, I was going for a draw. When I refreshed my browser it showed that his king moved on the fourth rank. I moved my king too, from h1 to h2 and clicked "submit move". After the window refreshed I saw that his king didn't move and his ROOK emerged from nowhere like a F 117 stealth, taking my rook en prise.

I am pretty frustrated with that. I installed all firefox extensions for the site two days ago could that be the reason for wrong position appearing on the board.

Game 5355204
  2. 31 Aug '08 19:55
    That sucks for sure. Any chance maybe you missed it with your heavy game load?
  3. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    31 Aug '08 19:57
    Originally posted by hamltnblue
    That sucks for sure. Any chance maybe you missed it with your heavy game load?
    heh.. no chance When I clicked submit move, position simply changed instantly. There is no way I would do such blunder. This game was an easy draw.
  4. 31 Aug '08 22:06
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    heh.. no chance When I clicked submit move, position simply changed instantly. There is no way I would do such blunder. This game was an easy draw.
    For the record, what moves would have lead to you losing this game by checkmate?

P.S. that is rather unfortunate

-Kfenn
  5. 01 Sep '08 00:52
    closest thing to a bug I've had was when I somehow moved a rook off the board onto the imaginary 9th rank. This was with firefox 3.

My only suggestion is to drop the rakija and slivovica when playing on RHP