1. over there
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 15:38
    I am 1902 bullet and 1651 blitz on the playchess.com server, and I was wondering what is the best way to improve my bullet and blitz? I am doing 25 simple tactical problems each night, but I don't know if this is enough. Also, I'm not sure how I should do the tactics. Is quanity better than quality or vice-versa? And is doing these tactical problems the right way to go? Thanks!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 15:56
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    I am 1902 bullet and 1651 blitz on the playchess.com server, and I was wondering what is the best way to improve my bullet and blitz? I am doing 25 simple tactical problems each night, but I don't know if this is enough. Also, I'm not sure how I should do the tactics. Is quanity better than quality or vice-versa? And is doing these tactical problems the right way to go? Thanks!
    try chess tactics server, you have to play tactics against the clock, its very similar to playing bullet chess
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 17:32
    Play slow games, 30 min timers of more.

Best slow OTB players are great blitz players.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 17:32
    Ah really? What is your rating on this site? You are not "old enough" to post in the forum. Or do you have another account here?
  5. over there
    Moves
    01 Oct '06 02:09
    Originally posted by z00t
    Ah really? What is your rating on this site? You are not "old enough" to post in the forum. Or do you have another account here?
    I joined because these were the best ches forums I coulkd find. I haven't played a game here yet.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Oct '06 02:18
    I joined because these were the best ches forums I coulkd find. I haven't played a game here yet.
    Well you should. It is great training for bullet and blitz chess ... 😉
  7. over there
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 23:10
    Well my blitz seems to be improving. Hard to tell because I haven't been playing rated games.

I started playing here as well.
  8. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 23:18
    Well my blitz seems to be improving. Hard to tell because I haven't been playing rated games.

Do you have a picture of a fox in your playchess profile? 🙂
  9. over there
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 23:22
    Yep lol.
  10. back in business
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 11:22
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Play slow games, 30 min timers of more.

yeah right. of course playing slow games is more beneficial overall and that way also, eventually, can help one becoming a better bullet player, but that'll take lot of time.

my tip: play more blitz, solve more problems and practice simple tactics. and the most importantly, solve all problems fast.
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 15:16
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    yeah right. of course playing slow games is more beneficial overall and that way also, eventually, can help one becoming a better bullet player, but that'll take lot of time.

my tip: play more blitz, solve more problems and practice simple tactics. and the most importantly, solve all problems fast.
    Read you first sentences.

Now tell me what the problem is?

You get 2 for 1. So what if it takes you longer, at least you become a good slow player and blitz player.

Everyone likes 2 for 1 specials.

Chicken and Fries, Burger and Fries, Fish and chips, etc....
  12. back in business
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 17:29
    Read you first sentences.

Now tell me what the problem is?

You get 2 for 1. So what if it takes you longer, at least you become a good slow player and blitz player.

He didnt say he wants to be better slow player. He said he wants to be just better blitz/bullet player.
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 21:31
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    He didnt say he wants to be better slow player. He said he wants to be just better blitz/bullet player.
    2 can play at that game.

He didn't say how long he wanted to spend to get better at blitz 🙂
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 00:06
    2 can play at that game.

He didn't say how long he wanted to spend to get better at blitz 🙂
    Ooooh snaps
  15. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 06:22

You have not completed 20 games to be rated but your chess is showing the "holes" caused by 1 minute chess. I would be surprised if you completed 20 games and achieved a raing of over 1500 on here. Can you analyse more than a few moves ahead?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree