1. back in business
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 06:38
    Originally posted by RahimK
    2 can play at that game.

He didn't say how long he wanted to spend to get better at blitz 🙂
    well, yeah thats true. but...hmm...nevermind.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 06:43
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    ..... Is quanity better than quality ? . . . . . .
    Never! unless you are talking about complicated mating positions
  3. over there
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 12:16
    Originally posted by z00t
    You have not completed 20 games to be rated but your chess is showing the "holes" caused by 1 minute chess. I would be surprised if you completed 20 games and achieved a raing of over 1500 on here. Can you analyse more than a few moves ahead?
    The games in my profile currently are bad. The games are boring and I am just moving pretty much. Is it advisable to get more than one game going?

About the length and stuff. My goal is 1800 blitz and 2000 bullet this year. I can acheive 2000 bullet but the blitz is what needs work. I do want to become a better slow player. Where I play OTB is not really a club, but me and a bunch of others go down to the Barnes & Nobles Cafe and play. Most of the peoiple there are around 1600 uscf, and lately I have been winning a lot.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 16:24
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    The games in my profile currently are bad. The games are boring and I am just moving pretty much. Is it advisable to get more than one game going?

About the length and stuff. My goal is 1800 blitz and 2000 bullet this year. I can acheive 2000 bullet but the blitz is what needs work. I do want to become a better slow player. Where I play OTB is not ...[text shortened]... and play. Most of the peoiple there are around 1600 uscf, and lately I have been winning a lot.
    You neeed to be more serious than that. You joined nearly a month ago and you have only completed one game. You are allowed up to 6 games and by now you should have played at least 5 games.

Even if you are here to troll in the forums because your priority is speed chess, then at least get a rating here. You cannot be taken seriously if you carry on the way you are doing now.
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 16:53
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    well, yeah thats true. but...hmm...nevermind.
    Not polite English 🙂

I'm glad you see my point now. Good day.
  6. over there
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 17:55
    Originally posted by z00t
    You neeed to be more serious than that. You joined nearly a month ago and you have only completed one game. You are allowed up to 6 games and by now you should have played at least 5 games.

Even if you are here to troll in the forums because your priority is speed chess, then at least get a rating here. You cannot be taken seriously if you carry on the way you are doing now.
    I am not just a speed ches player. I just want to improve my speed. To improve my speed game, I also must improve my slow game. And I joined here first because the forums were the best I could find. I just now started playing here.
  7. over there
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 21:33
    Any more suggestions?
  8. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 22:12
    I play at playchess (name: odie spud) and looked at some blitz/bullet/slow ratings and it seems that players with all three ratings have, with a few exceptions, much higher slow ratings. The exceptions strike me as odd. Not being too quick on my mental feet, I couldn't beat the old woman next door at bullet or blitz.
  9. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 14:29
    I've played 4 bullet games against you on playchess, won 3 lost 1, the one that I lost was on time 0.2 to your 0.4😀 however I think I should of won it lol the last game you should of won however I got you with a back rank mate.

For me the best way to improve your bullet is to set up a formula on playchess, something like 1800, therefore more often than not your going to be getting a tough game. I never really take bullet games that serious because most of the time you win on errors. But the higher ranking of player you play the less you'll see these errors.
  10. over there
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 19:18
    Originally posted by Audacious
    I've played 4 bullet games against you on playchess, won 3 lost 1, the one that I lost was on time 0.2 to your 0.4😀 however I think I should of won it lol the last game you should of won however I got you with a back rank mate.

For me the best way to improve your bullet is to set up a formula on playchess, something like 1800, therefore more often th ...[text shortened]... you win on errors. But the higher ranking of player you play the less you'll see these errors.
    Yes I either get into time trouble, or I play too quickly. I am trying to find a balance. I have fallen victim to many back rnak mates in bullet games. 🙁
  11. over there
    Moves
    17 Oct '06 19:19
    Well I just purchased Irving Chernev's "Logical Chess Move by Move." Hopefully this will help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree