1. Joined
    15 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 12:45
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    6 moves in 10 days in a 3/7 game..

If he really wanted to annoy you, you would have only seen 3 moves (3x3 plus little timebank)..

So basically he's moving twice as fast as needed!
    then i guess i'm lucky 🙂 and i should thank him for the speed

i always play 1/0 but i don't know how did this game started, i guess it's a club game or sth like that
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 12:48
    Originally posted by drekec

i always play 1/0 but i don't know how did this game started, i guess it's a club game or sth like that
    Indeed, be grateful! 🙂

However, a "club game" means nothing.. you still determine (or agree to) the time controls..
  3. Joined
    08 Sep '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 12:49

exactly, be positive, at the end, you'll win the game..which is the goal, no ?
  4. Joined
    15 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 12:51
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Indeed, be grateful! 🙂

However, a "club game" means nothing.. you still determine (or agree to) the time controls..
    i didn't want to be rude and cancel the game but i will in the future
  5. Joined
    12 Sep '07
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 13:141 edit
    *Empty post, sorry*
  6. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 14:52
    Originally posted by Dejection
    Even in tournaments, if you are timed out you can claim a draw by insufficent losing chances, judged by the td, can't you? Would that work in cc?
    In OTB tournaments, you can only claim insufficient losing chances IF you have less than 2 minutes left on your clock AND in the given position a class C player could relatively easily draw a Master! In the United States Chess Federation Tournament Rules I think they suggest no more than a 10% losing possibility. So the draw should be obvious on the board.

Insufficient Losing Chances is basically a draw offer and it can only be claimed if you are using an analog clock.

I'm not sure if this rule has been implemented in correspondence chess but I would guess not given you usually have at least 1 full day to move while the insufficient losing chances rule is designed for OTB when you have less than 2 minutes, but a clearly drawn position and your opponent attempts to run you out of time.

Bottome line. This rule does not seem to be needed for RHP or any correspondence game since the most common time control gives you X days to make each move.

The link below is a better and fuller explanation than I have provided.

http://www.uschess.org/tds/clockrules.php
  7. Los Angeles
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 14:59
    i didn't want to be rude and cancel the game but i will in the future
    Well that's good to know.

I have games that have lasted longer than a year...and I'm sure
    some of the subscribers that I have been here longer have games that are going on two, maybe three years.

If you subscribe then you can play as many games as you'd like.
    When I first joined I had like 98 games going.
    Far too much for my brain to handle.
    I went crazy and drank a bottle of Absinthe, wrote some poetry
    that Poe would be proud of and talked to some crow.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 17:34

If you're open to all challenges, anyone can start a game with you at any time. RHP is strange like that. There is no 'accept challenge?' button or anything like that. The only recourse you have is to delete the game on move 1.
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 17:55

Well its not a club game either as they are not a member of any clubs.

None of your ongoing games are 1/0 so maybe you should look closer when your games start 😛

Game 4850788 Is a mere 1/3 so fairly quick

Game 4849168 and Game 4711225 are 3/7 so quite slow

and Game 4847379 Is a 21/28 which is a bluddy slow game which could take years to play.

Just be grateful the opponent you are complaining about is not the latter time controls.
  10. Toronto
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 18:00
    I play people OTB that insist on playing on despite hopeless conditions, it doesn't just happen in CC.

Most of the time they end up getting mated, but on rare occasions they sneak out a draw or stalemate because of my idiocy 🙂
  11. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 18:23
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    In OTB tournaments, you can only claim insufficient losing chances IF you have less than 2 minutes left on your clock AND in the given position a class C player could relatively easily draw a Master! In the United States Chess Federation Tournament Rules I think they suggest no more than a 10% losing possibility. So the draw should be obvious on the ...[text shortened]... etter and fuller explanation than I have provided.

http://www.uschess.org/tds/clockrules.php
    As far as I know if you run out of time and your opponent has insufficient mating material, then it's a draw. Though I really don't know how it's in US.
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 09:42
    i know he didn't
    what would you say if we were playing OTB and i start reading newspapers or get off the table and start playing with someone else?
    Erm....do you sit at your PC the whole time while a CC game is in progress?

OTB and CC is completely different.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree