1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 May '06 03:03
    I was playing someone on the other day and he had a second pawn jump up and miss that square!

(A2 to A4) I believe it was.

Is this allowed?
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    17 May '06 03:25
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I was playing someone on the other day and he had a second pawn jump up and miss that square!

Is this allowed?
    This probably isn't worth replying to, but please explain that first sentence. By "second pawn" do you mean they moved two seperate pawns two spaces? For example: 1. e4 e5 2. a4?

The answer to that is... READ THE RULES. 19k moves .. God I hope this is a joke.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    17 May '06 03:30
    Originally posted by zebano
    This probably isn't worth replying to, but please explain that first sentence. By "second pawn" do you mean they moved two seperate pawns two spaces? For example: 1. e4 e5 2. a4?

The answer to that is... READ THE RULES. 19k moves .. God I hope this is a joke.
    Zebano: the guy has a 1300 rating. It has to be a joke right?
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    17 May '06 03:36
    Did you see the thread where a 1900 wouldn't accept that 1 pawn up but bishops of opposite colors was a drawn endgame???

In the interest of civility however, I will put the margarita down and head to bed.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    17 May '06 04:23
    Yes, it's a joke. Shav knows how his pieces move.
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 May '06 12:291 edit
    Did you see the thread where a 1900 wouldn't accept that 1 pawn up but bishops of opposite colors was a drawn endgame???

In the interest of civility however, I will put the margarita down and head to bed.
    I had a similar problem in blitz a couple of weeks ago when a pretty decently-rated (don't remember what) player wouldn't believe that his bishop and wrong colour rook's pawn could only draw. Wasted 5mins moving his king all around the board in an attempt to reach a magical square I think.
  7. back in business
    Moves
    17 May '06 13:18

Is this allowed?
    oh sure it is...

now have a cookie and play with your new ball. no, I dont have chocolate cookies, sorry...
  8. back in business
    Moves
    17 May '06 13:19
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    doubt it. I bet Shav does not even know how his legs move...
  9. Joined
    09 May '06
    Moves
    17 May '06 14:03
    One time I toke a pawn from the squere next to it after it hade moved 2 squares at the same time (I don´t know what it is called in englisch, in sweden we call it after the french word "én pacént" or somehing like that) and he objected and said that it must hade been a hack in the web.

He claimed a draw.

I refused and told him to read basic chess rules.

Maybe RHP does not have such good chess players after all?

Shadows
  10. The sky
    Moves
    17 May '06 14:31
    Yes, but does he know how his opponent's pieces move?
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    17 May '06 16:41
    Just because he knew how the pieces moved a week ago doesn't mean he knows how they move now...

Who knows what he's been up to this week?
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 May '06 17:211 edit

Is this allowed?
    Cheaters! Reminds me of this guy I played. He jumped over a square with his King. Not content with only one obviously illegal maneuver, he picked up a second piece on the same turn - a Rook - and jumped it over his King! I told him, "Hey, chucklehead, everyone knows that only a Knight can jump in chess!", but he was unmoved.

In another game, I caught him moving a pawn diagonally without capturing anything. Deftly, while the just-moved pawn conveniently blocked the view, he removed the enemy pawn behind his pawn. Some people will do anything to win!
  13. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    17 May '06 20:54

I missed that one, but I did see a Mary Jane (or is it Mary Ann?)posting where she resigned a drawn rook and pawn ending.
  14. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    17 May '06 22:12
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Just because he knew how the pieces moved a week ago doesn't mean he knows how they move now...

Who knows what he's been up to this week?
    Game 2082616

He really does know how to move his pieces!

Kinda...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree