1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 23:591 edit
    Hey All Others,
    Can anyone help me? I want to find the opening which may be a type of Yugoslav attack against the Sicilian Dragon where White gives up his or her Queen for 2 pieces which may be for a Knight and Rook.

I am not sure of the actual move progression before White trades its Queen to gain lesser powered pieces.

Also, if I remember right, White uses 2 rooks and other pieces while Black still has its Queen, but has to use 1 less Knight and 1 less Rook. White has 1 extra piece.

Alexander Shabalov may have a database game where he uses the Queen trade and gains 2 of Black's pieces, but I am not sure what the exact moves are in a database. If I remember right, Shabalov plays the White against a non-GM player, and maybe not, even a 2300 or higher player. But I only assume that.

For all I know, I might have seen part of the game I am talking about in Chess Life of the United States Chess Federation magazine maybe even 10 to 15 years ago. I am not sure of the actual move progression before White trades its Queen to gain lesser powered pieces. I don't think, though, that only Shabalov has played the White side with the Queen trade and still gone on to win against Black. Maybe, in part, a similar start of the game is like. I don't really know

2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 01:151 edit
    Not by Shabalov on my db. I found two games that fit the bill otherwise, the first from 1992 (Romulo vs Ladd) and the second from 2005 (Farago vs Bennett).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree