1. Montgomery
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 11:47
    Game 2561946 I just accepted a draw and was wondering what it would take, if anything was possible to win it. Thanks in advance for any pointers.
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 11:536 edits
    Originally posted by strokem1
    Game 2561946 I just accepted a draw and was wondering what it would take, if anything was possible to win it. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

It shouldn't be too difficult to win this. You have an extra pawn and it is passed. The idea is to bring your king up to support it and white will get into Zugswang.

For example, 53. .. Ke5, 54. Kg3 .. Ne2+, 55. Kf2 .. Nc1, 56.Ke1 .. d6, 57. Kd1 .. Na2, 58. Ke1 .. Kd4 and its all over for white.
  3. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 11:53
    i would have accepted the draw too...
  4. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 11:54
    sorry!!! was looking at the wrong player 😕
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 11:59
    Knight endgames where you are down a pawn are extremly hard to draw beacause knights cannot make "pass" moves, moves that maintain basicly the same position(moving a bishop back and forth on the same diagonal is a sort of pass move) in knight endgames moving your knight or your king always gives up sqares that your opponent can occupy and slowly push you back , so you were wrong to accept a draw, your position is easily winning and i belive the best move is Ke5 followed by d3 and infiltrating with the king via d4 c3 or e3 and eating up all the pawns.
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 12:24
    Originally posted by omulcusobolani
    Knight endgames where you are down a pawn are extremly hard to draw beacause knights cannot make "pass" moves, moves that maintain basicly the same position(moving a bishop back and forth on the same diagonal is a sort of pass move) in knight endgames moving your knight or your king always gives up sqares that your opponent can occupy and slowly push ...[text shortened]... Ke5 followed by d3 and infiltrating with the king via d4 c3 or e3 and eating up all the pawns.
    You are right, of course, but haven't I already given this as an example above.
  7. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 12:39
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    You are right, of course, but haven't I already given this as an example above.
    Sorry I started writing my post when there was no answer to the topic but i was interupted from my writing so the whole post took me about 10 mins to write and I suppose you posted during those 10 minutes.When I saw it was already answered I wanted to edit my post blank but decided not to because i tried to explained why knight endgames are hard to draw.
  8. Montgomery
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 04:05
    Thanks for the posts. I'm still new to the game, and wasn't real comfortable with trying to win it. I knew I should have probably have played the game out but I didn't have the skill or the patience to play it out fully.😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree