1. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:49
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I haven't tried but the boxes for castling are still checked. Did Jan make sure the corner was cleared, not just the space between the king and rook, before he tried castling?
    It was totally clear. In fact, the king and rook were on their normal squares, so there was nothing tricky about it at all.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 01:081 edit
    Originally posted by Erekose
    It was totally clear. In fact, the king and rook were on their normal squares, so there was nothing tricky about it at all.
    I tried it too and it doesn't work... likely a bug.

I think it might be something that will come with the new board interface that Russ is releasing in beta form soon.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 07:30
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I tried it too and it doesn't work... likely a bug.

I think it might be something that will come with the new board interface that Russ is releasing in beta form soon.
    Like I say, true FisherRandom isn't supported by RHP. FR without castling isn't FR.
    Mr Gambit is of course right in this.

If anyone is of another opinion, please submit a FR game, with [gid]game number[/gid], where castling actually works, and I will happily fold.

At one period I was very interested in FR, but I didn't want to play with only a subset of rules. The interest faded, and now I'm not really interested to play FR at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree