Castling  perception

Castling perception

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MR

Moves
13 Nov 08

How many players get fooled by not fully taking into account possible castling? I think this is a part of my game i have been neglecting. This is probably the most simplistic of foresights to Imagine -.yet I always seem to oversee it. espes in middle game.

rc

Moves
13 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Mike Rice
How many players get fooled by not fully taking into account possible castling? I think this is a part of my game i have been neglecting. This is probably the most simplistic of foresights to Imagine -.yet I always seem to oversee it. espes in middle game.
sometimes the action is so fast and furious that we neglect or have no time to make provision for castling, then we get caught, however there are certain variations where castling is not advantageous, like the Najdorf Sicilian when play continues on either wing and the king remains in center surrounded by all the pieces, interesting that you remain objective enough to notice it in your own and surely your game will improve as a result! - best regards - robbie.

k

washington

Moves
13 Nov 08

rule of thumb If the board is ready to be opened and you don't have a dominating position then castle. If you castle after move 8-10 you are sometimes doomed depending on the opening you are playing and the opponents strength. basically don't try to dominate the middle game if you havn't castled and your opponent has not made an obvious mistake.