1. Joined
    09 May '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 15:051 edit
    It don´t do whites normal plans in the Sicilian thats one of the things with it.

And no. Its not just a slow wing gambit. Often if lack takes the pawn white will also have the open a file tp play with and I don´t to tell you thats that is good right? He use that rook very early indeed.

Shadows
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 15:111 edit
    Originally posted by Shadows
    I really think you underrestimate a3.

If you realized the thing about the move you would not say that white won´t have attacking chances.
    White is gonna uindermine blacks pawn in the centre with b4 and then play d4.
    He will then have the whole center and easy development.
    Often its happends that black for examlpe plays 2...Nc6 or 2...e6 wich seems to s ...[text shortened]... the b and a pawns wich gives great attacking options.

And no, d5 is not critical.

Shadows
    -The Centre
    -A great attacking rook an a1 that might even go to a4 or to a3 and then g3
    -An amazing bishop an c1 that can go to both b2 and a3
    -easy kingside development
    -etc

Please tell me how a3 helps the center....I was under the impression a3 is on the outmost flank

Next tell me why I would want a rook on a3 or a4 when I could just stick it on the c,d or e file.

Am I under the mistaken impression that the bishop cant go to a3 due to a pawn being there? And before you answer after the exchange of cxb4 axb4 no good player will willingly help you improve your position.

I totally fail to see how a3 aids kingside development....explain please.

Bit of playing about on the board along with a search of databases and it appears g6 totally crushes a6, even e6 intending d5 spanks it silly.
  3. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 15:27
    After g6 there seems to be three main approaches, h4, c3 (morra style) and just playing a closed siclian game (Bc4 d3 etc). None of them look threatening at all.

A bit more research reveals the author of the book to be Alexei Bezgodov, a bit of further research and I can not turn up one game in which he played 1.e4 c5 2.a3. The book is clearly a money spinner aimed at those who dont mind playing second rate moves in order to get out of theory.
  4. Joined
    09 May '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 15:421 edit
    The thing behind a3 is to play b4, undermine blacks c5 pawn and then take the whole center with d4.

Why have a rook on a3 or a4? I´m soory but you can´t really see that?
    From a3 it can go to g3 or any other squere and its a formidable attacking weapon and I think you know why on a4.

I don´t care if he did it for the money, just the opening gets me interesting positions with attacks.

And yes g6 is the main line. But I would not play h4 or d3. (c3 has some points as black nerver plays g6 in the c3 sicilian but I don´t really know...) I would just play b4 anyway.
    If Bg7 then Nc3 and this leads to some great lines.

Shadows

(by the way, if you think this is crap why don´t you want to meet me in it?)
  5. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 15:55
    Originally posted by Shadows
    The thing behind a3 is to play b4, undermine blacks c5 pawn and then take the whole center with d4.

Why have a rook on a3 or a4? I´m soory but you can´t really see that?
    From a3 it can go to g3 or any other squere and its a formidable attacking weapon and I think you know why on a4.

I don´t care if he did it for the money, just the opening gets me int ...[text shortened]... ines.

Shadows

(by the way, if you think this is crap why don´t you want to meet me in it?)
    Let me get this straight you want to play

1. e4 c5 2. a3?! g6 3. b4?! Bg7 and expect to win?

Of course I will play you in this line I will just go and write 0-1 on the score card now shall I?
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    19 May '06 20:52
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Let me get this straight you want to play

1. e4 c5 2. a3?! g6 3. b4?! Bg7 and expect to win?

Of course I will play you in this line I will just go and write 0-1 on the score card now shall I?
    This is what he claimed earlier. After 4. Nc3 (forced) black has all the play and white has given himself a horrible pin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree