Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 10:231 edit
    Originally posted by Elephant0001
    So what do you lot think?
    This stuff does not belong in the forums. If you are unhappy with the comments of an opponent send Feedback to the Site Admins. There is a link at the botom of every page.

You are also making an accusation yourself in your post. If you suspect an opponent of cheating, send Feedback, or a PM to one of the Game Moderators giving reasons for your suspicions. You'll find who the game moderators are on the Site Map - Volunteers.

Finally, it is very bad form to copy verbatim a private conversation you had during a game.
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 10:39
    "Finally, it is very bad form to copy verbatim a private conversation you had during a game."

If anyone says bad things about me, during a game - private or not, I would have no hesitation in posting it here.
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 10:55
    Originally posted by AnneChristina
    "Finally, it is very bad form to copy verbatim a private conversation you had during a game."

If anyone says bad things about me, during a game - private or not, I would have no hesitation in posting it here.
    Then it would become a matter of debate what is bad and what isn't. Sometimes things get misinterpreted. Your opponent could apologise saying that what they said wasn't meant the way it appears but you have already posted the whole private conversation to the forum. This could result in more problems between you and your opponent.

Best to send feedback if something appears out of order.
  5. Standard memberDOlivier2004
    A Lost Bobby
    The Bermuda Triangle
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 11:111 edit
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    This stuff does not belong in the forums. If you are unhappy with the comments of an opponent send Feedback to the Site Admins. There is a link at the botom of every page.

You are also making an accusation yourself in your post. If you suspect an opponent of cheating, send Feedback, or a PM to one of the Game Moderators giving reasons for your suspic ...[text shortened]... nally, it is [b]very bad form
    to copy verbatim a private conversation you had during a game.[/b]
    There is no tool or page anywhere on this site where people are given the procedures necessary to report whether someone accuses them of cheating or if you suspect if someone is cheating. Yes, I know, it's been discussed in the forums ad nauseum, but for the majority of players on this site who don't post or read these forums, they wouldn't have picked up on those threads, so they would be at a loss as to what to do. Hence, they post here on the forums for advice.

All of your advice should be in the FAQ, or as a separate section in the help menu. It isn't. The Game Mods have been in existence for almost a year, I believe, and I think that it is a significant failure on the part of Russ, Chrismo and the Mod Teams not to have this information readily available for the new user. If you guys are serious about stamping out cheats, you should have a much louder presence than you do right now, which is tucked away in an obscure link on the site map, which only the most hard-core of internet users would know about.

This guy has done what I would have done in a similar situation - post all the evidence so that someone would notice and take action. In this respect, your comments are out of order.

If you don't take action now to stop these sorts of things in the future, you should:
    - Set up a separate Game Mods page with info on what to do in the Help section AND
    - Actively moderate any cheating accusations.

THEN when someone does this, you can berate them as much as you want.
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 11:44

This post is unavailable.

7. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 11:44

8. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 11:46
    After some discussion it has been decided that threads protesting at being accused of cheating do not belong in the forums. They don't achieve the intended purpose and invite allegations that the original poster is indeed suspect. As such this kind of thread will be removed in the future.
    The body of this thread has been left as it holds some valid points.

Thank you for your understanding.
    BF
  9. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 11:47

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree