1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 21:06
    There is a Serbian saying "Who is sleeping with children in the same bed, he wakes up in piss". It probably originates from ancient centuries, and there is probably a similar Nordic version, althoug today it sounds like Michael Jackson affaire..

Ok, I am taking part in some Belgrade OTB tournament, and it goes difficult. Due lack of space, last around 20 tables are separated in a smaller room, which I gave the nickname "intensive care" (although it has nice name "Crystall hall"😉. I played 3 of my 6 games so far there, and it tells enough about my score.

To-night I played against a 11 year old kid.
    Kids always look at you during the game as they study your face...

1. e4 g6 2. d4 Bg7 3. c4 c5

Early this morning I was waken by some commotion in my right ear, I panicked and I had to take a cab and rush to a private clinic to have a bug removed from my ear! Sunday, and I don't have medical security. It had cost me 100 euros, and believe it or not it's big money here in Serbia. The doctor was little annoyed he had to get up on Sunday and was shouting at me 'Be still for God's sake!", he washed my right ear and we both saw a little bug.
    He had to consult internet on his smartphone to see what to write in his report::: "it waisn't urgent, you could wait several days (but I heard jumping in my ear!!) and you injured the ear by cotton sticks... he gave me name of some eye drops I should put in my ear and that was it..." 100 euros...

4.dxc5 Qa5+

Not the best move, but ok.

5. Bd2 Qxc5 6. Nc3 Nf6 7. g3 O-O 8. b4?!?

He played it with confidence. I took it. But 8...Qc6 was better.

8. ...Qxb4 9. Nd5?

9. e5 gave an equal game.

9. ...Qd6 10.Bb4 Qe5 11.Nxe7+ Kh8 12.Nf3 Qxe4+ 13.Be2 Re8? 14.Nxc8?? Rxc8?? 15.O-O Nc6 16.Bc3 Re8 17.Re1 Qf5

And now he recovered and played 18. Rb1:::

Here I had drawish move 18. ...a6.
    I decided to play 18. ...Ne4 because I calculated wrongly that after 19. Bxg7+ Kxg7 20. Bd3 I could play 20. ..Nc3??, which I couldn/t and I would have lost if he had found that move.

But, after

18. ...Ne4 19. Bxg7+ Kxg7

He played not 20. Bd2 but>

20. Rxb7

Here I should have played 20. ...Qc5, but I was set to play Nc3, so I did.

20... Nc3?! 21. Qa1 Qf6

And now 22. Bd3 was giving equal game.
    But he played 22. Bd1??

Around that time, an incident occured in another game in "Intensive care" department, in a game between blind boy and an old bugg.er. They were playing only on one board, that one for blind, I suppose the old man suggested that way.

I didn't see what happened, but the old man claimed "touch and claim" rule. I thought I knew the rues, namely, that blind can touch the pieces on that kind of table...

The referee - very good looking girl by the way (*she was assigned to watch Intensive care) - ruled out in the favour of old bugg.er.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree