Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 01 Nov '13 18:09
    I just moved with the times, and gone from Blackberry to Android.

    I have a nice new samsung galaxy s4. I'm trying to work out how to do basic stuff with it atm, but once I'm done I'd like to add chess apps. Any recommendations? I'm particularly thinking of tactics trainers, chess engines, online play and something to follow the world championship match with.
  2. 01 Nov '13 18:17
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    I just moved with the times, and gone from Blackberry to Android.

    I have a nice new samsung galaxy s4. I'm trying to work out how to do basic stuff with it atm, but once I'm done I'd like to add chess apps. Any recommendations? I'm particularly thinking of tactics trainers, chess engines, online play and something to follow the world championship match with.
    yes the ones I like are SCID on the go and Mobiala Chess free, its the best because it has hundreds of problems to solve as well as play against the computer or humans on FICS
  3. 02 Nov '13 20:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes the ones I like are SCID on the go and Mobiala Chess free, its the best because it has hundreds of problems to solve as well as play against the computer or humans on FICS
    I had chessmaster for the mobile phone, but that's rubbish, can beat that, I read that nokia made a chess app that was quite good?
  4. 03 Nov '13 11:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I had chessmaster for the mobile phone, but that's rubbish, can beat that, I read that nokia made a chess app that was quite good?
    Mobiala Chess free has many different levels , i don't know what engine it uses, but i can barely beat it above 1400, why i play chess i dunno, i have sucked for so long! I really should give up the habit.
  5. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    03 Nov '13 14:11
    hiarcs best one out there failing that shredder but hiarcs never fails to deliver