1. Joined
    09 Apr '19
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 17:17
    Hi all,
    I'm new on the forum, and I would love some advice. My oldest son is turning 8, and he loves chess just like my whole family. He's been begging me for a chess-themed birthday party. Does anyone have any ideas for decorations or for games? I really appreciate it!
  2. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 17:45
    Well the cake would be easy to decorate like a chess board and I saw chocolate chess pieces somewhere online. Black and White and put the chocolates on top.

Black and White balloons everywhere.
    A few tournament chess sets for the kids to use.
    If you have money buy a huge chess set. One for the back yard. The pieces are almost as big as the kids 😉...I think the big set costs $300?

Hire a local (friendly) chess master to teach the kids a little.

That's all I can think of.
  3. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 19:57
    @kristina said
    Hi all,
    I'm new on the forum, and I would love some advice. My oldest son is turning 8, and he loves chess just like my whole family. He's been begging me for a chess-themed birthday party. Does anyone have any ideas for decorations or for games? I really appreciate it!
    Wishing your family an awesome chess life 🙂
  4. Joined
    09 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 05:29
    Thank you guys, I'll be sure to use those in the party! Have a good day 🙂
  5. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 14:031 edit

Removed by poster

6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 20:15
    @kristina said
    Hi all,
    You could ask the guests to come dressed as pieces.
    Shouldn't be too difficult to make costumes
  7. e4
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 10:161 edit
    Plan a chess themed party ( a chess cake usually does - put up a link with the picture)
    But first go to a nearby empty hall. And say: "This is it. Fischer - Spassky, Game 2 1972.."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree