1. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 21:55
    Can anyone tell me what do i do when someone is using a chess program on me?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 21:581 edit
    Originally posted by Emilios
    Send Feedback @ the bottom of your screen. I should mention though that unless your opponent is rated well over 2000, he or she probably is not cheating. Unusually strong play is often a sign of an unusually strong player and most certainly not an engine.

Edit - I should also add that in the 6 games you have in progress now, it would appear to me that none of them are cheating as the highest rating of any of your opponents is in the 1600's and he hasn't played perfect chess by any means.
  3. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 22:08
    I know that noone of my opponets is cheating i'm just wondering how do you recognise someone who is cheating,what do you do when someone cheats and what is the chess program...
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 22:10
    I know that noone of my opponets is cheating i'm just wondering how do you recognise someone who is cheating,what do you do when someone cheats and what is the chess program...
    cludi, one of the mods that deals with this, had a good post on it... ill try to find it
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 22:13
    here it is Thread 72203
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 22:48
    Why worry about them. Until your rating gets up to about 1800 they are likely to have little practical impact on you.

At your grade the only players likely to be cheating are those that have never lost. Of course they could just be genuine strong players on their way up.
  7. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 00:32
    In order to get to 2000+ a cheater has to climb over lots of lower rated players so we all have to be on guard for the rats.
  8. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 08:23
    Originally posted by buddy2
    In order to get to 2000+ a cheater has to climb over lots of lower rated players so we all have to be on guard for the rats.
    I think you are right.How does a 2000+ player get there?He has to play with low rating players first...
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 08:26
    I think you are right.How does a 2000+ player get there?He has to play with low rating players first...
    As I said in my post at that level he is unlikely to be cheating unless he is unbeaten when of course it is a possibility.
  10. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 09:04
    Dragonfire do you accept challenges from lower rated players?
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 18:36
    Dragonfire do you accept challenges from lower rated players?
    No I don't as I am only playing league, seige and tournament games at present.
  12. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 19:20
    I sometimes have a feeling that some low rated players occasionally use a computer against someone better so they wont get caught doing it...
  13. Standard memberc00ushion
    I'll take the Draw
    NewBridge,Ireland
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 19:27
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    I sometimes have a feeling that some low rated players occasionally use a computer against someone better so they wont get caught doing it...
    I agree there Tyrannosauruschux I mean Ive had up and down days myself through one day I might be able to beat some 1700 or 1800 near my level by a very close margin then suddenly get shown up by a 1500 or even 1400 Its always been an up and down struggle for me here but I dont feel just because I lose someone is using something against me it just tells me they studied harder know the game better than me or I just simply made bad plays either way gets me by, so no matter what you wont know someones using a computer until your already to far into the game either way just have fun, its a perfect game no need to get made because half the world seems to study and the other half learn NOTHING and cheat there way through the game.
  14. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 19:46
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Rather a sweeping statement. Do you mean 1400 rated players that beat 1800+ rated players or 1800 rated players who beat 2100+ rated players?

😕
  15. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 20:01
    It seems to be more 1400 players, it would be harder to know it if an 1800 player was using a computer as the quality of their play tends to be of a higher standard in the first place. But when a 1400 player plays a game completely free of mistake and wins fairly easily it seems pretty suspect.
    Like this one time I played a guy called bishop of malburg and he didnt make a single mistake and played like a 2200 strength player in two games against me but lost some other games in the same tournament with some horrendous mistakes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree