1. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 19:06
    what's to stop somebody from using chess software or a chess computer to cheat? Sadatnajafi, rated 2288, was thrown out of the tournament in Dubai for cheating. What a disgrace.
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 20:02
    Originally posted by MrMartin
    what's to stop somebody from using chess software or a chess computer to cheat? Sadatnajafi, rated 2288, was thrown out of the tournament in Dubai for cheating. What a disgrace.
    you are right - a disgrace - i have never understood the need to cheat at chess - i suk - i know i suk - cheating would just make me feel worse lol

i presume your main question was asking about this site in particular - you are right that there is nothing to stop someone from doing it

BUT if any suspicion is raised, then the mods WILL check the games against the most common engines and anyone with "too high" a match on the engine moves will be banned from the site.

has happened many times and will no doubt happen again soon.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 21:11
    http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2008/04/another-chess-cheater-caught.html
    that rat bastage! He was 2301 (probably cheated to get there too)

There's nothing stopping anyone from cheating on this site, except us. We must be vigilant! If you see somebody cheating then let the admins know.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 21:33
    cheating is cool
  5. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Apr '09 22:42
    I find it hard to believe that many people cheat in quick games ... like 5/5 ... as this would be like some bizarre form of data entry ...

However I guess on here ... have just started playing correspondance it could be a problem ...I think there should be room for computer aided cheess ... why not? But obviously it should be marked as such ....

I used to play on site called chess21 which is now closed but it had boxes for all sort of options like that... ( computer.. bindfold etc)
  6. e4
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 02:00
    "I used to play on site called chess21 which is now closed...."

I think that answers the questions put forward in this thread.
  7. Joined
    30 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 14:00
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    "I used to play on site called chess21 [b]which is now closed...."

I think that answers the questions put forward in this thread.[/b]
    Chess21 merged with ICC
  8. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 21:301 edit
    chess 21 was very popular as discussed it merged with ICC and is not free anymore 🙁
  9. Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 01:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    06 Apr '09
    Moves
    04 May '09 07:57
    I got banned from a site where I was accused of playing like a computer a few years back. It was pretty funny since one of the games I blundered a queen and another one a piece. I never did quite understand just how they came to the conclusion given the time limit was something like 10-15 minutes per game. Apparently he was watching a game in progress and interrupted me in the middle of it. I was rather offended given the quality of the opponent and the speed I was playing. (Ever try quick time limits with a touchpad with a klunky Java app? Gah!)

From what I can gather it's not around anymore and was just starting up at the time.
  11. Joined
    16 Apr '09
    Moves
    07 May '09 01:38
    "what's to stop somebody from using chess software or a chess computer to cheat?"

who knows...

ppl in redhotblitz use opening databases all the time.

then brag during the games according to the win percentage of certain moves..or even activate an engine during the game and believe you me they start talking smack...as if they think they are actually fooling their opponents

its cheap

even a complete moron can win some games if they recieve a helping hand getting into sneaky waters

me? i refuse to cheat. I can play for hours and lose royally only to play for another hour at a time...i enjoy the mental challenge

i am able live with my lowly skills. I know that i will improve over time.

but some guys have to live with the fact that they had to cheat to win-that they just werent good enough...

legit regards
  12. Joined
    16 Apr '09
    Moves
    07 May '09 01:44
    let me just add to that

memroizing the openings is one thing-learning the rule of thumb because you accidentally created an opening trap thats been around for eons is something entirely different and will ultimately advance one in their game ( over time )far greater than than one who relys on cheating to win
  13. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 May '09 09:222 edits
    How can I find that my opponent is cheating?
    And if I found it,what should Ido?
  14. e4
    Moves
    07 May '09 09:33

15. e4
    Moves
    07 May '09 12:25

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree