chess databases

chess databases

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

edinburgh

Moves
09 Sep 13

a new opponent (Big Martin) openly admits to using chess databases (and opening books)................is this allowed on this site? Also is this fair?

FL

Moves
09 Sep 13

When I used to play regularly on this site I wouldn't read anything at all, not even a newspaper, if I had games on the go, just in case I accidentally stumbled upon a chess column or a picture of Bobby Fischer. This obviously had a detrimental effect on my job as a proof reader at Gambit Publications, so in the end I had to stop playing online chess.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Sep 13

Originally posted by sardodos
a new opponent (Big Martin) openly admits to using chess databases (and opening books)................is this allowed on this site? Also is this fair?
RHP.COM
Terms OF Service

3(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials.

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Sep 13

Originally posted by sardodos
10 years in and nearly 500,000 moves...............and now you ask this question?

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
09 Sep 13

lol

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
09 Sep 13

Originally posted by atticus2
lol
Beat me to it!

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
10 Sep 13

This is as good as the "NZ leading the world" thread lol

B

Moves
15 Sep 13

I'd like to make it clear that the reference to databases in my profile refers to game databases only. This is the first complaint I have received.