1. Standard memberelassasino
    king of vectors
    center squares :p
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 15:091 edit
    .... hhhurumph, well then, mebbe i'll leave the voiceless as the victors in this discussion, (based on # of responses, rather than quality of their collective arguments)
    So lets go w/ this next; how do you folks feel about using the various e-tools, w/o notifying your opponent you are doing so?
    The closer an e-chess game emulates a real board game, the better to my view. Its a slippery slope once e-aids are employed terminating i suppose for the strongest & most silent players likely playing a parallel game on their laptop w/ chessmaster ... : }

Edit; heres what i send to folks once inawhile; thnx 4 the game,& fyi, (and its probably obvious); i dont use e-tools/conditional moves/ etc or even flip the board, i just play like we would across a board : } ... Do you use them ?
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 22:58
    Originally posted by elassasino
    ... funny how some defenders of la rude, are trying to deflect the discussion to weather or not being chatty is desired ... the real nugget was the non-notification after a dozen moves or so of quiting the game ... & derailing most of us in our need to practice mid & end game strategies ... some of the suggestions are quite novel, & while in that mode, i ...[text shortened]... the same peeple who play chess in total digital silence also njoy their sex w/o nary a whisper?
    Whether I talk during Sex or Chess depends on the position.😉
  3. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 18:23
    Originally posted by elassasino
    Hello's to all from broiling arizona.
    I havent found a full discussion on the above ( http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=17705 )
    But the rudeness of just resigning w/o a chat discussion w/ your opponent is just so rude & self centered. I think there should be a site list of players who resign w/o notice. & whats wrong w/ a friendly hello & goodbye (chat) for such an effort & a classy game? 🙂
    Resigning with or without a word doesn't bother me none.... sometimes people get mad at themselves, and just want to forget the game. Resigning is better than playing a game you don't like anymore. The most rude and childish practice of cowards is to just let the clock run out, when they realize they will be checkmate in the next move. Using the Timeout to hide their defeat, probably out of embarrassment when their opponent had a much lower rating.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 17:09
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    Whether I talk during Sex or Chess depends on the position.😉
    You can brag about your forking skills.
    Talk about burying the bishop.
    Enjoy 4 knights.

But don't analyse a stale mate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree