1. SubscriberJayboman1579
    Curmudgeon Supreme
    Jackson, Michigan
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 17:50
    In this echess format I don't think it's that big a thing as long as you have other games going.
    In OTB, however, it's totally different.
    It was a 3 day tournament, Sunday night the second day. I was playing a kid who was taught to never resign. Unfortunately, I drove to the tournament and did not stay at the hotel, the site of the tourney.
    This kid played much longer than etiquette called for, probably hoping I'd have a heart attack or something.
    It went on for so long that when it was finally over I had to withdraw from the tournament because I knew I'd get little sleep before the next round in the morning.
    Unethical? Probably not. Just not a nice thing to do.
  2. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 04:44
    @tamkidd67

get used to it... poor sportsmanship is legion..
  3. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 04:50
    @tamkidd67 said
    I'm playing one current match, my position has been an overwhelming win for a few months, but opponent will not concede defeat. I know some will say that is his prerogative, but he uses every last moment of time control then moves. I eventually lost patience and sent a polite message reminding him resignation is possible, he replied he thinks he can win! Not sure if this wa ...[text shortened]... rook and several pawns, one of which will queen shortly. Anyone else find these tactics frustrating?
    I've played thousand of games here. You get a dickhead once in awhile. I just resign and go on to the next game. Fook em. It's only a game.
  4. e4
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 12:13
    This year since January there have been 861 stalemates.
    The lads will play on in hope....leave them hope.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 16:42
    @greenpawn34 said
    This year since January there have been 861 stalemates.
    The lads will play on in hope....leave them hope.
    As long as they keep playing at the same pace they did before, sure. But if they are intentionally dragging things out then resigning is also good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree