Chess flow?

Chess flow?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
01 May 07

Is there a program that can track the flow of several chess games? For example lets say you have 200 KID master games, this program would allow you to see the average overall flow of the pieces.

K

Moves
01 May 07

Not a direct answer to your question I know but if you're interested in the KID in particular there's a book by Bronstein which is quite interesting, points out common squares for each of the pieces, how often they end up in a particular place, etc.
Come to think of it I think there is a function in Chessbase that shows that kind of info as well.

c

USA

Moves
02 May 07

What do you mean by flow?

l

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by Knightlore
Not a direct answer to your question I know but if you're interested in the KID in particular there's a book by Bronstein which is quite interesting, points out common squares for each of the pieces, how often they end up in a particular place, etc.
Come to think of it I think there is a function in Chessbase that shows that kind of info as well.
Do you happen to remember what is was called in Chessbase?... I can't seemed to find it.

l

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by chesskid001
What do you mean by flow?
I dont know if flow is the best word for it... but in general how the pieces move around the board.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by lepomis
I dont know if flow is the best word for it... but in general how the pieces move around the board.
chessbase - expensive though.

I believe chessdb - (free) might do something similiar.

l

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by RahimK
chessbase - expensive though.

I believe chessdb - (free) might do something similiar.
Thanks I found a piece tracker in ChessDB...

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
02 May 07

Thanks I found a piece tracker in ChessDB...
No problem.

From what I have seen, ChessDB is impressive though there are some copying issues with other software. Too identical.

c

USA

Moves
03 May 07

I'm still a little confused... 😕

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by chesskid001
I'm still a little confused... 😕
Rahim to the rescue...(clap hands)

You have a game collection of 100 QG games.

You are curious where the a1 rook moves to in those games.

You plug it into the chess program and it shows you where the a1 rook ends up in all those games and how frequently on each square.

Dat da da, RK