Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 01 May '07 06:50
    Is there a program that can track the flow of several chess games? For example lets say you have 200 KID master games, this program would allow you to see the average overall flow of the pieces.
  2. 01 May '07 12:06
    Not a direct answer to your question I know but if you're interested in the KID in particular there's a book by Bronstein which is quite interesting, points out common squares for each of the pieces, how often they end up in a particular place, etc.
    Come to think of it I think there is a function in Chessbase that shows that kind of info as well.
  3. 02 May '07 00:48
    What do you mean by flow?
  4. 02 May '07 02:03
    Originally posted by Knightlore
    Not a direct answer to your question I know but if you're interested in the KID in particular there's a book by Bronstein which is quite interesting, points out common squares for each of the pieces, how often they end up in a particular place, etc.
    Come to think of it I think there is a function in Chessbase that shows that kind of info as well.
    Do you happen to remember what is was called in Chessbase?... I can't seemed to find it.
  5. 02 May '07 02:04
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    What do you mean by flow?
    I dont know if flow is the best word for it... but in general how the pieces move around the board.
  6. 02 May '07 05:19
    Originally posted by lepomis
    I dont know if flow is the best word for it... but in general how the pieces move around the board.
    chessbase - expensive though.

    I believe chessdb - (free) might do something similiar.
  7. 02 May '07 06:13
    Originally posted by RahimK
    chessbase - expensive though.

    I believe chessdb - (free) might do something similiar.
    Thanks I found a piece tracker in ChessDB...
  8. 02 May '07 18:03
    Originally posted by lepomis
    Thanks I found a piece tracker in ChessDB...
    No problem.

    From what I have seen, ChessDB is impressive though there are some copying issues with other software. Too identical.
  9. 03 May '07 02:56
    Originally posted by lepomis
    I dont know if flow is the best word for it... but in general how the pieces move around the board.
    I'm still a little confused...
  10. 03 May '07 03:12
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    I'm still a little confused...
    Rahim to the rescue...(clap hands)

    You have a game collection of 100 QG games.

    You are curious where the a1 rook moves to in those games.

    You plug it into the chess program and it shows you where the a1 rook ends up in all those games and how frequently on each square.

    Dat da da, RK