Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 06 Jan '09 13:28 / 1 edit
    I'm going to spend a few months in Paris and I'm interested in knowing where you can play chess there. I'm not interested in joining a club, but it would be nice to play a few casual games... perhaps in a park, a café ... Give me all your tips!

    Kind regards
  2. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    06 Jan '09 13:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by GrebartsBocaj
    I'm going to spend a few months in Paris and I'm interested in knowing where you can play chess there. I'm not interested in joining a club, but it would be nice to play a few casual games... perhaps in a park, a café ... Give me all your tips!

    Kind regards
    EDIT : Sorry I posted my post in the wrong thread I don't know anything about chess in Paris though.
  3. 06 Jan '09 13:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    EDIT : Sorry I posted my post in the wrong thread I don't know anything about chess in Paris though.
    Quoi?
  4. 06 Jan '09 13:47
    That's cool, I was a bit confused, hehe
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    06 Jan '09 14:42
    Originally posted by GrebartsBocaj
    I'm going to spend a few months in Paris and I'm interested in knowing where you can play chess there. I'm not interested in joining a club, but it would be nice to play a few casual games... perhaps in a park, a café ... Give me all your tips!

    Kind regards
    There's a small, but nice, chess shop in Rue St André des Arts in the Latin Quarter. It's very close to the Notre Dame and they can tell you about some of the best places.
  6. 06 Jan '09 14:49
  7. 06 Jan '09 18:16
    Thank you Heinzkat and Polynka!
  8. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    06 Jan '09 18:22
    Originally posted by GrebartsBocaj
    Polynka!
    I may be many things, but I am not Poly.
  9. 06 Jan '09 18:34
    Originally posted by GrebartsBocaj
    I'm going to spend a few months in Paris and I'm interested in knowing where you can play chess there. I'm not interested in joining a club, but it would be nice to play a few casual games... perhaps in a park, a café ... Give me all your tips!

    Kind regards
    Definitivly Café I

    Adresse and schedule for the tournaments: http://canalsaintmartin.blogspot.com/

    If you speak english fluently, you can get in touch with User 409614 dzhafner. We met there for the first time and became good friends.
    If you speak french fluently, you can get in touch with me.
  10. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    06 Jan '09 18:35
    In the summer you can play many people in a park called Le Jardin du Luxumbourg. It's very close to Notre Dame (5 mins walk). On a nice day you can have 300 people turn up there. I spent 8 weeks in Paris a few years ago and spent a lot of time getting beaten up there.
  11. 06 Jan '09 18:39
    Originally posted by HfrMine antiperso
    Definitivly Café I

    Adresse and schedule for the tournaments: http://canalsaintmartin.blogspot.com/

    If you speak english fluently, you can get in touch with User 409614 dzhafner. We met there for the first time and became good friends.
    If you speak french fluently, you can get in touch with me.
    I sent you a message in my best french, but as I'm sure you can notice I am far from fluent (yet). It would be very nice however to meet and play at the café. Thank you for the tip!
  12. 06 Jan '09 18:49
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    In the summer you can play many people in a park called Le Jardin du Luxumbourg. It's very close to Notre Dame (5 mins walk). On a nice day you can have 300 people turn up there. I spent 8 weeks in Paris a few years ago and spent a lot of time getting beaten up there.
    Spring in Paris and chess, what can be better than that. I will have a look out when I visit this park.
  13. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    06 Jan '09 18:58
    Originally posted by GrebartsBocaj
    Spring in Paris and chess, what can be better than that. I will have a look out when I visit this park.
    It is on the far side of the park from the entrance. There are a load of tennis courts, the chess area is just next to them near the bowls.