Chess Is An Easy Game

Chess Is An Easy Game

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
No. i will look into this when i find the time!
Then, until you find the time, tell me not again that "that 's how you play too" and ask me not again why you are not as good as me🙂

You see, the sole difference between you and me is that somehow "I found" time whilst you did not😛😀😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
No. i will look into this when i find the time!
This old man has to train every day😵

rc

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by black beetle
I am not good; I just do the same training again and again again till perfection -which it never seems to come!
I just follow the opening theory of a specific strategy that I understand in full, so after all those years I know by means of trial and error analyses when I have to quit it.

You as well can do it easily once you establish your own repert ...[text shortened]... d every single game I played since that year with the White is 1.d4!

I hope you comprehend😵
if i understand you beetle my friend, what you have in your repertoire is a living organic entity that has grown and evolved with time. like streams of water, a little narrow burn (stream) at first, then broadening to a river, then the estuary and opening out to the sea. oh how i wish i had taken my next door neighbors advice and taken up chess in my teens, instead of waiting till my mind is diminishing and my tolerance cynical!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
if i understand you beetle my friend, what you have in your repertoire is a living organic entity that has grown and evolved with time. like streams of water, a little narrow burn (stream) at first, then broadening to a river, then the estuary and opening out to the sea. oh how i wish i had taken my next door neighbors advice and taken up chess in my teens, instead of waiting till my mind is diminishing and my tolerance cynical!
I do it like the Japanese: one single punch and one single kick again and again and again. It's a never ending story, I have to practice every day. I just practice the same punch and the same kick every day for so many times that now this punch and this kick have become Myself; I became gradually this punch and this kick😵

g

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by black beetle
Tarrasch was too strong and in many occasions he prefered to keep his pieces free and dynamic instead of putting pressure against a static pawn structure, however he was very dogmatic.
Actually, as a writer Tarrasch was often dogmatic, but as a player he was immensely creative and pragmatic. IMO, his The Game of Chess is a great book, but when he says things like the Falkbeer Counter-Gambit (1 e4 e5 2 f4 d5) is the "refutation" to the King's Gambit, I find him unintentionally amusing rather than instructive.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by gaychessplayer
Actually, as a writer Tarrasch was often dogmatic, but as a player he was immensely creative and pragmatic. IMO, his The Game of Chess is a great book, but when he says things like the Falkbeer Counter-Gambit (1 e4 e5 2 f4 d5) is the "refutation" to the King's Gambit, I find him unintentionally amusing rather than instructive.
This is just exactly what I mean too, my friend😵

C

Chess Incubator

Moves
09 Apr 09

Originally posted by greenpawn34
[b]It really is simple...... text shortened
Excellent Post and Game....