Chess magazine

Chess magazine

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arizona

Moves
24 Jul 12

Any opinions on best chess magazine ?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by honus
The only one I know of is "Chess Life" that comes with a membership to the USCF. However, I have found it in the local library here. You might want to check your local library and see if they have it.

P.S. I believe you can buy the chess magazine by subscription only, if you are not interested in playing rated correspondence or OTB games.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 12

New In Chess is another magazine I found through google.

http://www.newinchess.com/magazine/default.aspx

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 12

You can buy single issues of "Chess Life" here:

http://www.uscfsales.com/category_s/44.htm

Arizona

Moves
24 Jul 12

Thank you

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
24 Jul 12

Originally posted by honus
Chess Life has some good articles but has not much content as most of the magazine is taken up with adverts and tournament listings. In my opinion, much better is the Dutch magazine New in Chess, or the British one Chess Monthly.

Moves
25 Jul 12

New In Chess - year books and magazine. I suspect that BCM - British Chess Magazine is also good. I used to get yearly bound volumes in the 70's and early 80's. Chess Life was better years ago when Gligoric and Keres wrote columns. About the only thing I find useful are the chess problems.

Moves
25 Jul 12

For anyone interested in chess problems, "The Problemist" (British), "Die Schwalbe" (German), "StrateGems" (US), and "Probleemblad" (Dutch) are all very good.