Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member Nowakowski
    10. O-O
    23 May '09 19:18
    Does anybody know where to get the Chess mats, almost like a rug
    that you can hang on your wall, and the pieces I imagine must be
    velcro? You can use move them around on the board (I think its all
    just material right?) Would really be interested to find this type of
    board. These large display boards would be very worthwhile to me,
    but I can't seem to find where they're marketed. Or what they're
    marketed as.

  2. 23 May '09 19:33 / 1 edit
    They sell them here it was a bit hard to find on the website as it was under club/school is the link to the page:

    This is the website for the London Chess Centre and I have always found them to have good service and be very reliable.

    The boards are called demonstration boards and they have little pockets under the squares and a peg on the pieces slots in the pocket holding them in place. Old fashioned but tried and tested.
  3. 24 May '09 10:39
    This one with magnet pieces!

    It's a danish webshop and it's temporary sold out, but at least it gives you an idea on what to buy.

    close up on the pieces: